New Harman PF100 owner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bradp337

Nov 13, 2013
Allegan, MI
Just bought a PF100 and had it installed in late september. Working great so far. Just kind of concerend how long the distribution blower runs. Seems like it run constantly. I have the fan control set just like the manual says... gap centered right over the center "0" of 100. Is this the best setting or should I have it set differently?

That is the way mine is set since install 5 years ago. I think it is best if the distribution fan runs a lot; it pulls more heat off of the heat exchangers before loosing the heat out of the vent pipe.
But if you are getting cold air out of the plenum maybe you should adjust the fan control and/or your distribution fan speed switch.

Thanks for the info. I have a 4 speed blower. Usually run it on medium but probally going to try it on low. Are there any pointers you can give me about the PF100 that may be helpful?

Thanks for the info. I have a 4 speed blower. Usually run it on medium but probally going to try it on low. Are there any pointers you can give me about the PF100 that may be helpful?

All the pointers and solutions you will ever need are probably on this forum.
It is well worth the time to get good at running the forum SEARCH function. It is a blank box in the upper right corner of this white space. It is faster than posting a question and waiting for an answer. Try a search on PF100 and you will see a listing of all kinds of pointers, questions and problems.
It will be a big benefit to study the info on this forum before talking to your dealer about servicing your furnace too.

15' Horizontal run?? That's a lot, you might have some issues with that. As for the fan, exoiburner is correct, make adjustments to keep it from blowing cold air. The best way to do this is hire a professional, it might cost you but in the long run your machine will keep you toasty, I know, I have owned one for 10 years now. I love the heat, hate the cleaning :)

Status
Not open for further replies.