New Harman xxv Finally!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WOODNUT358

Aug 1, 2008
RI
:) I just hooked up my new Harman xxv pellet stove yesterday,and so far so good.I ran it for the first time last night,and it did a great job heating the whole house. It's been maintaining 69*. The only thing I notice is that after dropping the pellets, once in a while you hear a slight clunk noise.This doesn't happen all the time,I was just wondering if anyone has noticed this in their stoves.

Welcome to the forum, Woodnut, and congrats on the new XXV. BTW, we need to see pics of the install, or it didn't really happen! LOL

As for the "clunk", that might be an auger breaking a long pellet in half....I hear that sometimes too on my Astoria.

Congrats on the new stove. I have the P68 and I also get the clunk on occasion, not to mention several other noises at different times. From clunks, to squeals, and the occasional sound like the stove has just risen off the hearth and decided to go for a stroll through the house. Like the post above above, I believe most of the noises are created by pellets. Either getting caught and than crushed between the slide plate assembly that opens and closes to allow pellets down into the augur, or the augur itself dealing with some unruly pellets going down the chute to burn. The first couple of weeks you will be adjusting to alot of new sounds in your home, but hopefully your stove will be trouble free. There are lots of posts on squealing and clunks, with some remedies if it becomes an issue. Good luck and happy burning.

Woohoo! Another XXV owner!
Congrats on your new stove and happy burning.

Yep, as the others mentioned, the clunk you hear now and then is probably
just a pellet getting crunched.

BTW, we need pics of your new stove or it didn't happen ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.