New Harmon xxv

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mbsr

Oct 21, 2014
N.E. Pennsylvania
New member and a new stove. I just replaced my Harmon Mark 11 coal stove with a Harmon XXV Pellet stove and I already have questions. I have been experimenting with the room temp. And stove temp. Operation controls and I really don't know what I should be using I tried room temp control first and the stove kept shutting down just allowing the room it was heating to get to the temp I set it at. When I set it at stove temp it worked great, never shut down but I found that the pellet consumption was to great. I am worried that when it gets really cold I won't be able to find a happy medium. I guess my question is ,when should the stove temp. Control be used? And when should the room temp. Control be used Maybe some one with a XXV that went through a winter heating a house could chime in and give a guy a little advice on operation.

Hello Mbsr, and welcome!!

I dont have an XXV, but a Harman insert. There are so many valiables (layout and size of your home, insulation )
it took me a while to get mine set to where it is most comfortable for us too hot vs too cold
FWIW , i run on room temp - manual most of the time, my probe is close to my stove, so i set it at 75 degrees

see the "sticky" at the top of the forum page on everything you need to know about your Harman (it may help)

best of luck

Hello Mbsr, and welcome!!

I dont have an XXV, but a Harman insert. There are so many valiables (layout and size of your home, insulation )
it took me a while to get mine set to where it is most comfortable for us too hot vs too cold
FWIW , i run on room temp - manual most of the time, my probe is close to my stove, so i set it at 75 degrees

see the "sticky" at the top of the forum page on everything you need to know about your Harman (it may help)

best of luck

How does that work? If you run it room temp., on manual and it shuts down when the temp. Is met how does it start back up.when the temp. Drops to meet the demand?

How does that work? If you run it room temp., on manual and it shuts down when the temp. Is met how does it start back up.when the temp. Drops to meet the demand?

on room temp - manual, the stove will go into "maintenance mode_ with just a tiny flame - so it doesnt need to use the igniter to restart

again worth the read is the "how your Harman works link (above in yellow on the main page)
tought me a lot about the modes and options

for example you need to start your stove in auto , then change the switch to manual

just apersonal preference for me "saving" the ignitor and electricity to use it- when it gets very cols you may not even cycle down

best of luck -

There's a sticky at the top of this forum about how the HarmAn's work answering all these questions.

on room temp - manual, the stove will go into "maintenance mode_ with just a tiny flame - so it doesnt need to use the igniter to restart

again worth the read is the "how your Harman works link (above in yellow on the main page)
tought me a lot about the modes and options

for example you need to start your stove in auto , then change the switch to manual

just apersonal preference for me "saving" the ignitor and electricity to use it- when it gets very cols you may not even cycle down

best of luck -

Thank you, I took your advice and read the "sticky" and it did answer that question.

Thank you, I took your advice and read the "sticky" and it did answer that question.
Your welcome,
half the fun is getting to know your stove! enjoy

There's a sticky at the top of this forum about how the HarmAn's work answering all these questions.

Even the non HarmAn owners are correcting the spelling and referring folks to the Sticky.....MY WORK HERE IS DONE!

Reactions: bags and Peterfield
Status
Not open for further replies.