New Hauler!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

njtomatoguy

Feeling the Heat
Jun 20, 2006
Maple Shade, NJ
Chevy HHR 2008 - The new silver bullet!

Attachments

• HHR.jpg
    HHR.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 342
If that is your wood hauler I would like to see the family car. :)

We are done purchasing new vehicles since they cost way too much and depreciate way too quickly.:ahhh:

Carl,
I sell mortgages, not cars... but this was too sweet to pass up. I called the salesman that sold me the aveo, told him I was
in the market for one of these.
Swing by, he says..

List price: 19/20 k

Not happening!

Today I did the deal
No money out of pocket
$3500 for the aveo(trashed)
$2500 incentive
$1500 loyalty rebate

Tax tags title everything- amount financed $13,850.

That was too good to pass up.

Brand new 37 miles on it when I bought it.

Got this load in the morning, traded in the aveo in the afternoon. 4 trips total.

NO WOOD WILL GO IN THIS CAR!

Bob

Attachments

• driveway.jpg
    driveway.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 328
njtomatoguy said:
Carl,
I sell mortgages, not cars... but this was too sweet to pass up. I called the salesman that sold me the aveo, told him I was
in the market for one of these.
Swing by, he says..

List price: 19/20 k

Not happening!

Today I did the deal
No money out of pocket
$3500 for the aveo(trashed)
$2500 incentive
$1500 loyalty rebate

Tax tags title everything- amount financed $13,850.

That was too good to pass up.

Brand new 37 miles on it when I bought it.

Got this load in the morning, traded in the aveo in the afternoon. 4 trips total.

Bob

Well Bob, this was a nice deal. Almost the same as a slightly used one. You should enjoy driving it. Our economy is in dir starights right now and it will probably take quite a few years for a comeback. I could have retired 4 years ago but will keep working for at least 4 more years yet. Lots of retired people are having to get a job to supplement their dwindling pensions and funds.

Can you put a light duty hitch on it and use a small trailer for wood hauling?

njtomatoguy said:

Bob

So where will the wood go....................

Maybe he means no wood will go in this car...until he sees his first score just sitting there getting gobbled up by guys with pickup trucks.

mayhem said:
Can you put a light duty hitch on it and use a small trailer for wood hauling?

That's the plan-

The dealer told me it can tow 1000 lbs no problem. I think that guy pulls a boat.

Never listen to salesmen in regards to the towing abilities of the item they are trying to sell. Does the owner's manual allow trailering?

Highbeam,

Thanks for the advice- I learned that lesson the hard way on the last car. Went to U-haul a month after purchasing car to have hitch installed, they said no,
voids manufacturer warranty.

So, prior to purchase, did some research here: http://www.hhrclub.org/

But, while at the sales desk, asked to look at the manual and verify that this vehicle was indeed able to be used to pull a trailer. They state 1000 lbs in the book, which is enough for me.

Thanks for looking out for me.

And I won't be needing to pick up any wood for a while anyway. I'm 2 yrs out. Unless it's oak, or cherry, or I could always borrow my buddies truck..

Bob

Highbeam said:
Never listen to salesmen in regards to the towing abilities of the item they are trying to sell. Does the owner's manual allow trailering?

You beat me to it! LOL

But even the manufacturer's info is sometimes questionable. The 1970's Chevette was listed by Chevy as being able to tow 3000#!!!!! I don't know how you would even attach a 3000# trailer to a Chevette!

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.