New Hearth Build

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had good service from www.dynamitebuys.com.
Thanks begreen.
What brand of chimney do most people have good luck with? Lowes sells Selkirk Supervent. And local stove shops sell a variety of brands. I hesitate to buy from an online retailer that charges a restocking fee should I need to return anything.

Figured I post a couple more pictures of the painfully slow progress... Just have a lot of other stuff going on so I don't get to work on it much. Anyway, I took out some drywall that was damaged and found that the insulation in the two stud bays directly behind the stove was a little toasty and dark. The only thing between the insulation was one layer of brick and one layer of drywall. So I replaced all of the insulation in the picture.
Also ripped up the floor down to the subfloor. On top of the T&G boards used as subfloor there was a thin layer of foil paper of some sort. I left it and laid down a layer of 3/8" plywood. Plan on putting one layer of durock nextgen on top of that and then hopefully start the tile this weekend. Busy weekend planned so probably won't get much more done.

IMG_20130809_092142_701.jpg IMG_20130818_135515_012.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.