New Hearthstone Stove - Heat Shield Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yag113

Oct 22, 2014
The Eastern Shore, VA
Hi! My new stove arrived. She's a beauty however I'm not liking the 'look' of the heat shield which was required with the blower. Why is it required? I am back venting and the shield kind of sticks up in the back and sticks out around the sides a little. Is that normal? I assume they sent the correct shield....are the shields the same whether you top vent or back vent.

My contractor put it on but stoves are not his specialty however he says it is on there correctly.

Thanks!

The heat shield also acts as flow control for the air moved by the blower.
It directs the air up the back of the unit & then across the top of the unit,
so that the air warms as much as possible before it flows out into the room

Reactions: yag113
Hi! My new stove arrived. She's a beauty however I'm not liking the 'look' of the heat shield which was required with the blower. Why is it required? I am back venting and the shield kind of sticks up in the back and sticks out around the sides a little. Is that normal? I assume they sent the correct shield....are the shields the same whether you top vent or back vent.

My contractor put it on but stoves are not his specialty however he says it is on there correctly.

Thanks!

So which Hearthstone do you have? They make a lot of different stoves.

Status
Not open for further replies.