NEW! HELP! Is the Pacific Energy Summit Insert right for us?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dharmama

Oct 12, 2007
Newbie here just starting to do research. We have a 2000 sq ft home with 20 ft ceiling in the great room. It gets cold in the mountains & I feel we need something that cooks! We want an insert that can go in our masonry fireplace. Our fp is already lined so I think we can avoid that expense. Does anyone know how the blower noise compares with other inserts and does the fp still put out heat without the blower in case of power outage.

Also, the dealer ima told me that the PE Summit Insert w/blower is as good as free standing. He said that while the freestanding ones might produce more radiant heat. The PE Summit Insert is v.good at circulating heat and so heats the house as good or better. Would you say this is accurate?

Thanks! Whitney

dharmama said:
Newbie here just starting to do research. We have a 2000 sq ft home with 20 ft ceiling in the great room. It gets cold in the mountains & I feel we need something that cooks! We want an insert that can go in our masonry fireplace. Our fp is already lined so I think we can avoid that expense. Does anyone know how the blower noise compares with other inserts and does the fp still put out heat without the blower in case of power outage.

Also, the dealer ima told me that the PE Summit Insert w/blower is as good as free standing. He said that while the freestanding ones might produce more radiant heat. The PE Summit Insert is v.good at circulating heat and so heats the house as good or better. Would you say this is accurate?

Thanks! Whitney

Summit will work just fine. Of course it won't put out the heat as well without the blower as it will with the blower.
And equally the same won't throw as much heat as a freestanding with blower. But prolly equally or maybe a lil more heat distribution compared to a freestanding without a blower. Make sure the lining is correct for the insert application. The blower on high might make you turn the TV up a lil louder than normal. It doesn't bother me much.
It will still put out & radiat heat without electric, but of course won't throw out the heat as it does with a blower.

Hogwildz said:
Summit will work just fine. Of course it won't put out the heat as well without the blower as it will with the blower.
And equally the same won't throw as much heat as a freestanding with blower. But prolly equally or maybe a lil more heat distribution compared to a freestanding without a blower. Make sure the lining is correct for the insert application. The blower on high might make you turn the TV up a lil louder than normal. It doesn't bother me much.
It will still put out & radiat heat without electric, but of course won't throw out the heat as it does with a blower.

So in case of a power outage, we'll still have heat for the living room right?

The guy from Texas says that the PE Summit has one of the quietest blowers but I've heard others say it is loud.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.