new here and getting a warm feeling already!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

prairiefire

Dec 16, 2008
rural saskatchewan canada
just found this site and am hooked already, can't stop reading. amazed at the size of the community and the amount of knowledge on here. bought our house two years ago with an osburn regent 1000 already installed ,works great . all weekend it was -34'C with the windchill -48'C and inside was a cozy +25'C gotta love it!

Welcome, prairiefire! Yes, there's a lot of knowledge here...along with a sprinkling of unknowledge. Reader beware. -14C in central Oregon right now, which is fairly cold for us, although we certainly see colder from time to time, but nothing like the lows you experience, I'm sure. Stay warm, and welcome again! Rick

I'm with you prairiefire. I just joined a few days ago and already have learned so much. This sight it great, and very helpful for us newbies.

We're all newbies at one point. Greetings and welcome aboard.

As I've always said, we're all equal. You are as good as any here because we all had to learn and started at the bottom. How fast you rise is up to you. You'll do just fine too. Welcome to the forum.

Now please take this arctic air mass back. We don't want it just yet.

Adios Pantalones said:
Prairiefire- welcome!

Fossil, 14 C- what's that, like mid 50's F? I feel bad for you Rick :)

MINUS 14C, ya lunkhead, about 6F. You need to take remedial speed reading, with an emphasis on comprehension. This morning it's about -20C, or -5F. Rick

Welcome, glad you found the forum. Yes, a wood stove certainly can help keep you warm even in artic climates. Like many here in the lower 48, we've got artic air parked over my region. Without factoring in windchill, we went down to -21F (-29C) last night. The stove kep the house at 64 F (17C) overnight. I crank it up in the daytime and get the house up to 70F (21C), not bad considering our high temps are staying below 0F (-17C). I just hope this high pressure system that brought arctic air down south beings to break up soon. We're to get another foot of snow tomorrow and it won't be fun clearing it in sub-zero weather. I know I would never be able to live in a region where the temps remain this low all winter. (Rick, your 6F would seem like a heat wave right now; I wish we'd break above 0F.)

fossil said:
Adios Pantalones said:
Prairiefire- welcome!

Fossil, 14 C- what's that, like mid 50's F? I feel bad for you Rick :)

MINUS 14C, ya lunkhead, about 6F. You need to take remedial speed reading, with an emphasis on comprehension. This morning it's about -20C, or -5F. Rick

ahh- the negative was left on the line above. That is friggin frigid. It makes me even warmer to know that you're cold though, so keep it up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.