New here. Thanks to everyone.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianA

Oct 16, 2011
Southern New Jersey
I had a PE Super 27 installed on Oct 30th. I haven't had any issues at all. Ive been burning seasoned hickory, apple but mostly cherry. Any questions Ive had Ive been able to find the answers to searching the forum without even asking. I have checked and cleaned the chimney 3 times so far everything is good just a tiny bit of gray ash. I have propane for heat, hot water, cooking and dryer (everything) I bought the house 1.5 ago knowing that propane was going to be way too expensive. One year of paying for propane was enough. My furnace has been turned completely off since Oct 30th. I figured I would just say thanks to everybody. I have recently read a few posts where it seems some people dont want to listen to sound advice. I have and its made my learning curve extremely short.

Welcome. Yes, everyone one here is good advice kinda folk.

I'll second that Brian. This place is a plethora of useful information. (And I've barely scratched the surface)

Good post..and it goes without saying that it's not just the money saved.
Burn on!

Welcome to the forum Brian... You may soon become "obsessed" as my wife calls me. Burning is not just a money saver for me, it has become a way of life. Just being self relliant and getting some good exercise is a great reason to burn, the money becomes a secondary benefit, even if it was the primary reason to get the stove.

BrianA said:
I had a PE Super 27 installed on Oct 30th. I haven't had any issues at all. Ive been burning seasoned hickory, apple but mostly cherry. Any questions Ive had Ive been able to find the answers to searching the forum without even asking. I have checked and cleaned the chimney 3 times so far everything is good just a tiny bit of gray ash. I have propane for heat, hot water, cooking and dryer (everything) I bought the house 1.5 ago knowing that propane was going to be way too expensive. One year of paying for propane was enough. My furnace has been turned completely off since Oct 30th. I figured I would just say thanks to everybody. I have recently read a few posts where it seems some people dont want to listen to sound advice. I have and its made my learning curve extremely short.

Welcome Brian . . .

Yeah, lots of good people here and good advice.

Some folks come here for just a bit of info and we never hear from them . . . and others . . . well we're stuck with 'em for a long, long time. ;)

Some folks come here for advice, but don't like what they're told and they just get upset or figure everyone else is wrong and they're right . . . they typically leave after a while . . . or end up getting a visit from my brothers and sisters at some point. ;)

However, even Jake sometimes does not listen to good advice. Case in point: ash him how he splits wood.

Backwoods Savage said:
However, even Jake sometimes does not listen to good advice. Case in point: ash him how he splits wood.

Hehheh . . . you're a funny guy Backwoods Savage . . . very funny. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.