New Heritage install - Thanks for tips

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim E

Mar 26, 2010
Eastern CT
Forum Members,

First post, but have been lurking for quite some time now. I am almost finished with my new Hearthstone Heritage intall and wanted to share. Attached are a couple pictures of the project thus far. I still need to finish the trim around sides of pad and wall (will be oak to match the floor), but wanted to say thanks for the tips I've picked up here through reading about similar projects. The pad has Micore layer embedded under multiple layers of 1/2" cement Wonderboard. The tiles are 1/2" thick soapstone (I know it is a soft stone and will scratch, but have had soapstone counters at work for 15 years and love them). Also, I used Beleza variety of soapstone which is one of the harder types and got a good deal on the price. Think the combined stove and extra stone together should absorb and radiate the heat quite nicely (at least that is my hope!). Double-wall interior pipe up to ceiling, then stainless steel insulated pipe through attic and out the roof (ICC Ultrablack and Excel pipe). Of course, just getting this finished as temps warm up for Spring but will be all set for next winter. Can't wait to take myself off the automated heating oil delivery service!
Thanks again.

Attachments

• 100_0962resized.jpg
    100_0962resized.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 330
  • 100_0963resized.jpg
    100_0963resized.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 343
Great Job!!! Looks awesome! Should put out some great heat. Your hearth looks really nice.

I like it . . . the stone hearth and back compliment the stone in the stove.

Jim E said:
Forum Members,

First post, but have been lurking for quite some time now. I am almost finished with my new Hearthstone Heritage intall and wanted to share. Attached are a couple pictures of the project thus far. I still need to finish the trim around sides of pad and wall (will be oak to match the floor), but wanted to say thanks for the tips I've picked up here through reading about similar projects. The pad has Micore layer embedded under multiple layers of 1/2" cement Wonderboard. The tiles are 1/2" thick soapstone (I know it is a soft stone and will scratch, but have had soapstone counters at work for 15 years and love them). Also, I used Beleza variety of soapstone which is one of the harder types and got a good deal on the price. Think the combined stove and extra stone together should absorb and radiate the heat quite nicely (at least that is my hope!). Double-wall interior pipe up to ceiling, then stainless steel insulated pipe through attic and out the roof (ICC Ultrablack and Excel pipe). Of course, just getting this finished as temps warm up for Spring but will be all set for next winter. Can't wait to take myself off the automated heating oil delivery service!
Thanks again.

Nice job!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.