New High Valley 2500

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dieseldave01

Nov 13, 2016
Oxford Ohio
My high valley just came in and hope to get it installed this weekend or week. This is replacing a older Carolina insert I had. Can't wait. ae1b26394e5553a06a1605b2b8cdec54.jpg23b0240708b7e83a9cc0a6d1e2f38e81.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lone_Gun
That Carolina is the same unit I'm using to heat my house. It heats my house well and is a pretty fire to look at, but you have to feed it wood constantly.

That Carolina is the same unit I'm using to heat my house. It heats my house well and is a pretty fire to look at, but you have to feed it wood constantly.
I was happy with the Carolina but it wasn't properly installed and wasn't able too with discharge being so far forward, the pipe couldn't be hooked up. I'm currently trying to sell it on Craigslist. I am hoping for alittle more efficiently with wood burning on the 2500.

I was happy with the Carolina but it wasn't properly installed and wasn't able too with discharge being so far forward, the pipe couldn't be hooked up. I'm currently trying to sell it on Craigslist. I am hoping for alittle more efficiently with wood burning on the 2500.

I'm getting hella good efficiency with my 1500 so I'm sure you will be good with the big brother. Are you installing it yourself?

That's good to hear. I am assisting a fellow firefighter that has fireplace/Chiminey business. By assisting I'm just a laborer

Did it come with a cat temp probe? I had to call them up about mine cause it wasn't in the package when I got the stove, the manual says it comes with one so they shipped me out one. It takes a little getting used to cat temp rises quick once it gets past 800° so keep an eye on the probe lol. Well that's with mine yours might be different .

Did it come with a cat temp probe? I had to call them up about mine cause it wasn't in the package when I got the stove, the manual says it comes with one so they shipped me out one. It takes a little getting used to cat temp rises quick once it gets past 800° so keep an eye on the probe lol. Well that's with mine yours might be different .

Oh ok, Yes it did come with a probe.

Looks very nice, let us know how the install goes. I'm sure the drop in wood usage will be dramatic.

Do you happen to have the manual for your old Carolina insert? Or any usage tips?
I had a refurbished Carolina Challenge III installed last year and have been looking for any manuals. Have the hang of burning it down fairly well now but can always use more info.

Looks very nice, let us know how the install goes. I'm sure the drop in wood usage will be dramatic.

Do you happen to have the manual for your old Carolina insert? Or any usage tips?
I had a refurbished Carolina Challenge III installed last year and have been looking for any manuals. Have the hang of burning it down fairly well now but can always use more info.

Thanks, that's really what I'm hoping for.

No I do not, the stove was in the house when I purchased it. I don't know if I used it properly myself when I used it but all I ever did was pack it full and once it had a decent start close the damper almost all the way and back the air flow down. Seemed to be able to burn about 6 hrs putting out decent heat before not really doing much. I actually liked the Carolina but after reading up on this new one I think I'll be spoiled now.

Hard to say from pics but doesn't look too much smaller

So much space in the fireplace with it in there lol. I ordered the wide surround and happy I did cause there was alot of space to cover with the insert installed. But it is a small unit, but packs a good punch.

So much space in the fireplace with it in there lol. I ordered the wide surround and happy I did cause there was alot of space to cover with the insert installed. But it is a small unit, but packs a good punch.

It Looks great!

I think I'm going to burn a lot less wood than previous years just judging by this afternoon/evening first burn, so much more efficient.

I light it air open fully hit the bypass at 600° turn the fan on at 1000°, then cut the air 2/3 close when cat temp get to around 1250° then close the air almost completely half hour later then watch her go for 7 hours easy on one full load, can't complain at all

Reactions: Dieseldave01
^^ these are cat temps, correct? ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.