new home construction

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you only want to heat the finished part of the basement a stove may be enough. How many sqft would that be?

Of course, the furnace would have the advantage that you can potentially tie it into your heating system and heat your entire home with wood from just one location.

a little over 3500 sq ft in the basement. I like the idea of tying it into the duct work.

thanks,
Dave

So you want to heat the entire 3500 sqft although part of it will be unfinished? Then the wood furnace would be a good idea.

Check with your HVAC installer and the furnace manufacturer whether the tie in is possible. That's not really something I know but I would explore that option.

Status
Not open for further replies.