New House - Fireplace Help!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dbyrne36

Mar 20, 2009
Tulsa, OK
First off, I'm new to this board. I have been doing a lot or research over the past two months and all the information on here has been very helpful. However, I could really use some of your insight and experience.

We are building a new 2400 sq ft house in Tulsa, OK. It doesn't get too cold here, but it gets down near 0 now and again, and most of late October through early February fluctuates between below freezing to just above. So, it doesn't get real cold.

After my research I had planed on getting the Fpx 33. Unfortunately, we are installing on an interior wall and need the fpx 44. Well, the best installed price we have been quoted is $6500, which is much higher than what we had anticipated. Well, I'm back to ground zero. We have plenty of acreage with fallen trees and should always have more than enough wood to burn, so I like the idea of our primary heating being wood. Also, their is no gas running out, so the other heating will be electric.

So, based on my situation, what would you suggest? Would it be worth the $6500 for the elite 44? Should I consider RSF, Napoleon NZ6000 High Country, or Kozy Heat? I would greatly appreciate any input/advice you can provide. Thanks.

Dan

I have been trying to sell a fpx 33 or 44 to some one , but no tackers yet . I sold 3 stove this year plus i bought a new hearthstone Equinox for my house . 6500 bucks with ss flue sounds about write maybe a little high . I like a free standing stove my self but i think the fpx is cool. I paid 3000 for my EQ in July but i picked the stove up at the store and installed it my self . My last stove cost me 900 bucks new and a few gallons of fuel and a chain for my saw each year . I don't think it matters what you pay for a stove it will pay for itself in a few years . John

You might look into the New Aire products. We heat around 3,500 sq/ft with the model44. With the assistance from our furnace fans we keep pretty comfy. They are made East of you in Arkansas. Not cheep but will certinally pay for itself. If you are in the new construction planning or building phase,you can push the heat through ductwork. We have four floor registers about 25 feet from the fireplace.
Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.