New idea for a stove feature.... Or does a brand have this?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't find a "proper" one, it would be easy to make. A wind up bathroom fan timer (I just bought a new one on fleabay for $15) a NC relay with 120v coil, and a 4x4 electrical box. Wire the relay inline to the blower so that when the timer is turned to XX minutes, that activates the NC relay to be "open" thereby turning the fan off until the timer runs out. Timer and relay mounted in the 4x4 box of course...
Thank you for the idea! Testing it tonight and she works just fine. 20150120_202950.jpg

Reactions: brenndatomu
Neat. Still, I am all for simplicity in this case. Give me an insert that convects so well around it that a blower is not needed at all. Maybe an insulated convection shell would help.

Reactions: davidmsem
Neat. Still, I am all for simplicity in this case. Give me an insert that convects so well around it that a blower is not needed at all. Maybe an insulated convection shell would help.
I'm an engineer... .it needs more features......

Status
Not open for further replies.