new idea for wood furnace install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

huntingbuck101

Apr 8, 2008
Northern MN
If you have been following my other post about ducting in a add on furnace into my LP furnace I now have a different idea.

could I run a 12" duct from the wood furnace in the basement straight up the chase to the main floor and then up another floor to the master bedroom.
my chase runs outside my house from the basement to a couple feet above the roof line. the chase is 7' wide by 3' deep and left of center of the 26' wide part of my 26'x38' house. The main floor is a open floor plan with a small bathroom being the only enclosed room which is on the far wall from the chase.

as far as the upstairs (26'x38') the master bed room is 1/2 the size of the hole floor and the other 1/2 is a bathroom and a 7'x9' open stairwell and two spare room that don't need much heat.

the top of the stairwell has a ceiling fan as do the 3 bed rooms. the door are always open on all the bedrooms. all 4 rooms doors meet at the stairwell.

This would be an easier way to do the install but would it work well?
I also could run the LP on circulate, if that would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.