New Ideal Steel ships tomorrow!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sconnie Burner

Feeling the Heat
Aug 23, 2014
Western Wi
Here it is custom design and andirons:
FB_IMG_1468983528841.jpg

FB_IMG_1468984021894.jpg

Just need to find a spot to store it! Broke ground on the new house its going into this week. Hole is already dug and close to ready for the basement forms to go up. And also got the long awaited promotion at work so living on a high of excitement this week!!

Last edited:
Reactions: LDay
Congratulations. New stove, new house and a promotion. You're on a roll!

Reactions: Sconnie Burner
Really nice looking stove! What colors did you pick (I don't trust the computer screen rendition).

I'm going to their factory this Friday. I'm building a new house next year and have selected the Ideal Steel also. I'm meeting with builders next week to start the process.

Good luck in your project and keep us posted!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Really nice looking stove! What colors did you pick (I don't trust the computer screen rendition).

I'm going to their factory this Friday. I'm building a new house next year and have selected the Ideal Steel also. I'm meeting with builders next week to start the process.

Good luck in your project and keep us posted!

That is charcoal body with surf sand accents. They will send samples by mail of you call them. But being you are headed there I'm surw you can pick up samples!

Very nice looking stove! And congratulations on the promotion. We just finished our new home. It is so nice once the build is done and you finally get to move in and call it home. And then the real work begins. :)

That is charcoal body with surf sand accents. They will send samples by mail of you call them. But being you are headed there I'm surw you can pick up samples!
Thanks for letting me know about the samples. I'll definitely need to get some for my daughter, who is the "project manager." My job is limited to writing the checks! LOL

Enjoy handling that 700lb crate. I used the crane on my service truck.

Just wait till you open that crate. It's pretty awesome in person.

Enjoy handling that 700lb crate. I used the crane on my service truck.

Just wait till you open that crate. It's pretty awesome in person.
Yeah I've got the into the truck figured out. My pops works at a lumber yard and thats where I'm having it delivered. So forklift will come in handy. Out of the truck is going to be the killer. Not sure on that one yet. Probably just disassemble as far as I can and see if we can lift it.

Yeah I've got the into the truck figured out. My pops works at a lumber yard and thats where I'm having it delivered. So forklift will come in handy. Out of the truck is going to be the killer. Not sure on that one yet. Probably just disassemble as far as I can and see if we can lift it.
Just curious, since I'll be following in your footsteps: did you consider having your building contractor install stove, chimney, etc. as part of the construction?

Just curious, since I'll be following in your footsteps: did you consider having your building contractor install stove, chimney, etc. as part of the construction?

He is a small builder that only subs out the shingling, siding, cement work and taping becase of time constraints. Except he has to have licenced plumber and electrician because of code requirements. He does all the framing, insulating, sheetrocking, flooring, cabinetry, and trimming. He would have to sub out the chimney and such as he is not familiar with woodstove codes, only direct vent gas fireplaces. I'm also not exactly sure on location and don't want the chimney installed in the wrong spot if I change my mind since its going in a currently unfinished basement.

Out of the truck is going to be the killer. Not sure on that one yet. Probably just disassemble as far as I can and see if we can lift it.
Just take off any part you can, then slide the stove down a couple of 2 x 10s. It is much easier, I found, if you leave the stove in the crate for this. Take the crate apart just enough to be able to remove some parts. At the very least, as I did, leave the stove on the base of the crate. I had to use tie-down straps to keep the stove steady on the base, then slid that set-up down the boards.

If you do this and take the firebrick out, two guys can easily handle it.

Attachments

• 20140906_133904.jpg
    20140906_133904.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 20140906_133613.jpg
    20140906_133613.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 148
Got the call today that it will be delivered to my dads work tomorrow!!:) Definitely going to have to do a couple break-in fires while im waiting for the house to get finished. Footings and basement exterior walls are getting poured this week!

Yep. Do those break-in fires.
I build small fires in one corner in early season.

Status
Not open for further replies.