New Info Regarding Imperial Group Stove Pad (Slaps Forehead)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanCorcoran

Minister of Fire
Jan 5, 2010
Richmond, VA
Ever since I bought my stove pad, I've been trying to find something in writing that would specify the R-value. Their insert says it has insulating value equal to 3/8" asbestos millboard, which I haven't had any luck finding an R-value for either. Their customer service department said it has R= 1.08, but nothing in writing to that effect.

Here's where the "slap forehead" comes in: As I was moving the pad today, prior to installation, I happened to look again at the back side. Printed in inch-high letters it says, "USG Micore". As many people have indicated, Micore is an excellent insulator and a 1/2" thick piece has R= 1.1 (which is essentially what Imperial's customer service said).

I mentioned in another thread that I bought my 36" x 48" piece (covered in black sheet metal) for $43 at Lowe's. It was an end-of-season closeout, normally priced at $56.95. All's well that ends well...

Status
Not open for further replies.