New Inglenook...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMMA RAY

Minister of Fire
Jan 16, 2011
PA.
So I am guessing the Inglenook can be compared to the "gentle cycle" of a washing machine.
For example, you are not going to wash all your "Carhart" clothing with some of your wife's delicate clothing.
The Inglenook is for those delicate items that mean a lot but do not get mixed in with the rugged items.
Kinda like...
We are expecting our first baby in 3 weeks....as opposed to
I am a new burner, and I need help with my installation and clearance issues...
Is that an accurate analysis?

GAMMA RAY said:
So I am guessing the Inglenook can be compared to the "gentle cycle" of a washing machine.
For example, you are not going to wash all your "Carhart" clothing with some of your wife's delicate clothing.
The Inglenook is for those delicate items that mean a lot but do not get mixed in with the rugged items.
Kinda like...
We are expecting our first baby in 3 weeks....as opposed to
I am a new burner, and I need help with my installation and clearance issues...
Is that an accurate analysis?

Sounds right to me-BTW, what is an "Inglenook?" Either way I like the idea. Now that I have the basics down I spend most of my time BSing on this site rather than discussing technical topics anyway :lol:

Webmaster said:
You can even put humor and FFF posts here! How's that?

FFF? Now your talkin Big Daddy.....BTW....FFF is my thang dammit...don't any of you buggerz get any idears.... >:-( :lol:

GAMMA RAY said:
Webmaster said:

FFF? Now your talkin Big Daddy.....BTW....FFF in my thang dammit...don't any of you buggerz get any idears.... >:-( :lol:

Have you heard back from the US Patent Office yet? Dont wait too long now. ;-)

Cooking stuff too Gamma! Especially if it's on top of that 30.

pen

Anyone who tries to make it into "Ash Can II" will be immediately digitally vaporized. (Badfish...google it. It really is a word with an appropriate definition.) Rick

fossil said:
Anyone who tries to make it into "Ash Can II" will be immediately digitally vaporized. (Badfish...google it. It really is a word with an appropriate definition.) Rick

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inglenook

Seek, and ye shall find...interesting.

GAMMA RAY said:
Webmaster said:

FFF? Now your talkin Big Daddy.....BTW....FFF in my thang dammit...don't any of you buggerz get any idears.... >:-( :lol:

"IN YER THANG", Gamma????????? Thought I'd git that quote in before ya git a chance to edit....... BWAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHAAAA...

hossthehermit said:
GAMMA RAY said:
Webmaster said:

"IN YER THANG", Gamma????????? Thought I'd git that quote in before ya git a chance to edit....... BWAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHAAAA...

Damn you hoss...nobody else picked it up......chit..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :sick:

GAMMA RAY said:
hossthehermit said:
GAMMA RAY said:
Webmaster said:

Damn you hoss...nobody else picked it up......chit..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :sick:

I seen it,let someone else have the fun in mentioning it first though. ;-)

Ingle...short form of Ingles from Little House on the Prarie.
Nook...is some type of technology device that people read from.

combine them and you get Inglenook...technology used by people on Little House to read...common name Slate Boards.

Inglenook can also be used as a derogatory...I think, or maybe as a substitute for random anatomy..."Stick THAT in your inglenook, you inglenook you".

Delta-T said:
Ingle...short form of Ingles from Little House on the Prarie.
Nook...is some type of technology device that people read from.

combine them and you get Inglenook...technology used by people on Little House to read...common name Slate Boards.

Inglenook can also be used as a derogatory...I think, or maybe as a substitute for random anatomy..."Stick THAT in your inglenook, you inglenook you".

I strongly disagree with your definition, Delta, but in the interest of maintaining a kinder, gentler, transparent attempt to appease some of the less desirable miscreants who hereabouts abide, and trying to avoid being immediately digitally vaporized, I shall nobly refrain from correcting you publicly.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inglenook_Sidings

[quote author="GAMMA RAY" date="1319243474For example, you are not going to wash all your "Carhart" clothing with some of your wife's delicate clothing.
[/quote]

For some of us folks, our Carhartt's are our delicates...just sayin :)

daveswoodhauler said:
[quote author="GAMMA RAY" date="1319243474For example, you are not going to wash all your "Carhart" clothing with some of your wife's delicate clothing.

For some of us folks, our Carhartt's are our delicates...just sayin :)[/quote]

Gonna say....clean new Carhartt's are for dressing up & 'looking sharp' while out on the town,my old faded ratty/grubby ones are for working in.If they're really muddy or have that concrete form oil smell - I spend a couple bucks at the laundromat 1/2 mile away,no sense dirtying up my own machine.

Take it from me. Washing Carhart's & delicates together does not work.

For the record, I voted to call it Boone's Farm.

I vote for Flaming Moe's. Either way, Gamma I think this is your baby. Craig created your very own stitch n groan club :lol:

BrotherBart said:
For the record, I voted to call it Boone's Farm.

Strawberry Hill woulda worked.

hossthehermit said:
You can wash Carhartt's ?????????????????

Yeppers, Hoss !! Scarey thought, isn't it? ;-P

Webmaster said:

Me thinx that this is where we get to be us :)

I like it.

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
Me thinx that this is where we get to be us :)

I like it.

Gotta have something to do in that time you are waiting for the night load to settle in before bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.