NEW INSERT NEPOLAN 1402/HOLZ HAUSEN

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burd

Feeling the Heat
Feb 29, 2008
Bell bell Pa.
IM OUT OF SEASONED WOOD FOR THE YEAR FOR MY NEW INSERT i PLAN ON SPLITTING AND STACKING FIVE CORDS FOR NEXT YEAR. IF I BUILD THE HOLZ HAUSEN WILL MY WOOD BE SEASONED ENOUGH FOR NEXT WINTER . i HAVE A LOT OF RED OAK AND ASH. i INSTALLED THE INSERT MY SELF AND HAVE NO PROBLEM CLEANING THE THE LINER . IM LOKING FOR THE BEST HEAT FOR THIS OLD HOUSE WE LIVE IN . CANT AFORD ANY MORE OIL SO IM BUYING A SPLITTER AND A GOOD CHAIN SAW
HOLZ HAUSEN DOES IT WORK

Welcome Burd, seems like the caps lock key got stuck. Much easier to read without the caps. If you do a search on holz hausens you will find many threads and experiences.

There have been several lively discussion here about holz hausens. Do they work? Well it seems they do, but whether they work better than stacking the wood so that it gets good sunshine and prevailing wind air circulation is a matter for debate. But they do take up less room and are pretty cool to look at.

Thanks you

Status
Not open for further replies.