New insert, new install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnbaby

May 19, 2011
Southern nh
After almost buying a clydesdale wood Insert, we thought real hard and went with pellet stove, a hampton ( regency) gci60 cast pellet insert. I guess it has a sister stove the m55 insert. I will be doing the install this weekend, at least the liner, hopefully the stove will come to. I have a question about install; does the flex liner connect directly to the adapter on stove with clamp, or do I need a stainless steel connection to fit liner to stove? Also when I do make that connection, do I just push Insert into place? Won't it cink up? I'm handy and like to do all my own work just need a few pointers would be nice. Also if anyone has any experience with this stove the input would be appreciated. Thanks again.

The liner will need some sort of adapter. If the stove vents out of the rear of the stove horizontally, you will need a "Tee". This will make the 90* bend for you and the snout of the tee should slide right over the collar on the stove. If your stove vents vertically out of the top use an appliance connector. It is basically a rigid piece that is strong enough to accept screws.

Status
Not open for further replies.