New Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rookturn

Mar 5, 2014
Kalamazoo, MI
Just wanted to thank Hearth.com and its helpful members for all the information about stoves and inserts. Also (because I like pictures) here's my new home heating solution!

Old "nice to look at but not warm" fireplace

Fireplace 1.jpg

New "wow these things are expensive but the house is smokin' hot" fireplace!

Fireplace 2.jpg

Work done by Sacketts Fireplace in Kalamazoo, MI.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great, the gun adds a nice touch. I've been looking for a Kentucky Long Rifle to hang over my mantel, but haven't found the right one yet.

Reactions: Mellery
Looks great, the gun adds a nice touch.

+1

Yes, looks good and expensive for sure. 4k for our insert + 6" SS lining installation. But wow, worth every penny (2 winters now). Are you obsessing over your burn? Do you sit and stare at your fire for hours like us?

I am in the midst of removing winter and adding Spring to our entry- welcome mat, etc. I can try and force Spring, right? Looking at signs that could hang on the light out there- "We don't call 911 here" - and has a gun etched into the wood. Another option is one that reads "The neighbors have better stuff" and lastly "Come back with a Warrant". Having a hard time deciding

Just wanted to thank Hearth.com and its helpful members for all the information about stoves and inserts. Also (because I like pictures) here's my new home heating solution!

Old "nice to look at but not warm" fireplace

View attachment 129018

New "wow these things are expensive but the house is smokin' hot" fireplace!

View attachment 129019

Work done by Sacketts Fireplace in Kalamazoo, MI.
Very nice set-up you got there!

Status
Not open for further replies.