New Install - M55 Cast Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquion

Burning Hunk
Oct 7, 2012
Portland, CT
The guys from Cedar Mountain Stoves came by today and installed my insert. The installers were very friendly, and they did a great job. I had the OAK installed. The stove looks super nice. I'm trying to burn off the new stove smell, so I have it on level 3. The windows are open, and its 74 in here. Right now I'm burning a bag of pellets the installers brought. I'll be breaking out the EasyBlaze next.

image.jpg

Very nice. I'd crank it up to 5 for a few hours now with the windows open or you'll be smelling it again when it gets colder out and you bump up the heat. Congrats!

Nice looking set up. You and I have similiar climate and the same stove. Check out some of my recent posts on settings and such. Enjoy it.

The guys from Cedar Mountain Stoves came by today and installed my insert. The installers were very friendly, and they did a great job. I had the OAK installed. The stove looks super nice. I'm trying to burn off the new stove smell, so I have it on level 3. The windows are open, and its 74 in here. Right now I'm burning a bag of pellets the installers brought. I'll be breaking out the EasyBlaze next.

View attachment 81488
Hope you didnt pay the instalers. They put the stove in sideways.:). Looks great, youll love the stove. I had my dealer pre burn my stove before he delivered it

Very very nice! You M55 cast(and clones) owners seem to be taking over! There is a lot of of them here to share tips and tricks with! :cool:

Enjoy the new toy!

Before going to bed last night, I filled up the stove and set the controls to air trim: 1, feed trim: 1 and heat level 2. The house stayed in the low 70s all night long. Goodbye electric heat!

Reactions: SteveB
Beautiful setup! I think you're really gonna like it a lot!

Before going to bed last night, I filled up the stove and set the controls to air trim: 1, feed trim: 1 and heat level 2. The house stayed in the low 70s all night long. Goodbye electric heat!

You shouldn't have to mess with the air trim. I have never seen any difference in the flame with it anyways. I leave mine on 3 all the time. I do however adjust the feed trim to have the correct fire size for whatever temp I like to feel out of the stove. For instance, I think you get more heat out of the stove with higher blower speed (for more air movement thru the heat exchanger). So, rather than run the stove at heat level 2 feed trim 5, it makes more sense to run the stove at heat level 3 feed trim 1. That way you get more air going thru the heat exchanger and only a tiny bit more pellet usage. More efficient IMHO.

BTW, beautiful setup. Very nice, I know you will love it. Get yourself some anti-seize for lubing the agitator and you will be all set. I have found the nickel based stuff seems to work better than the copper. For some reason it stays on the agitator longer. Or it was the brand that was the problem, I got the copper 2000F Versachem brand and my agitator squeaked. Never had that problem with the Permatex copper.
http://www.amazon.com/Permatex-80078-Anti-Seize-Lubricant-Bottle/dp/B000AAJTXY

Did you install an OAK? I'm going to install an OAK in mine over Thanksgiving holiday. It is supposed to be in the 50's Thursday and Friday, so no worries about shutting the stove down for a few hours.

My wife and I are loving the stove. It's quiet, it doesn't smell, and there is no dust. I'm getting over a day out of a bag of EasyBlaze. Our house is nice and toasty.

Yeah, I have the feed trim set to 1. The heat level is set to 1 during the day and then I bump it up to 2 at night.

Reactions: Eatonpcat
Did any of you guys with the M55 Cast Insert install the optional Service Rails? Would you advise using these?

Thanks,

AR

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!

Nice stove,... nice install,...!

I agree on the burn-in suggestions,... run er up on high now, or you'll get the smell later in the season when you dont want it.

Nice looking install Eatonpcat!! I think I will suggest the service rails to my friend for the M55 insert.

AR

I made my own service rails out of some angle iron and a 2x4. Cost me about $10. I lucked out in that the 2x4 was the perfect thickness to match up to my hearth...

Attachments

• IMG_0539.JPG
    IMG_0539.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 255
I ordered the service rails. They are on back order though. I hope I get them soon.

I built my own.Stove-Cleaning2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.