New Install Magnehelic Reading

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woody1911a1

Feeling the Heat
Sep 23, 2012
Marblehead , Ma
I just installed my new Vistaflame VF100 insert this morning :) Fired her up and seems to work great . the manual states to warm the stove up and then run it on high for another 20 mins . set the first stop collar on the damper rod for .12 WC . then run the stove on low for another 20 mins and set the other stop coller for .10 WC .

Doing so the lowest readings i can get to are .40 high / .38 low damper fully open (assuming fully open since i can't actually see it but the rod is fully out ) .

I'm using fireside ultras , haven't yet played with or ordered any yet just using what HD had .

Install is standard 3" T , 12' of flex relatively straight up to this cap http://www.rockfordchimneysupply.com/pic.php?pic=quickCap-lg.jpg&cap=Round Rain Cap&hgt=300 and i'm thinking that maybe it might be too restrictive ? in person it looks like it's got a reasonable amount of flow area but ....

also cold stove and cooled stove reads .60 .

i've got pics of the stove running on high and meter reading but the upload file is NOT working !!!!!

Thanx in advance , Greg

Check the damper connections to see if the rod is actually connected to the damper. Close the damper way down and retry. Dampers shouldn't need to be open all that much and is the unit OAKed?

Check the damper connections to see if the rod is actually connected to the damper. Close the damper way down and retry. Dampers shouldn't need to be open all that much and is the unit OAKed?

yes definately connected . i haven't put the surround on the stove/insert yet so i can see it .

damn the upload function still isn't working (not just me either , didn't work for Daksy yesterday ) you'd see my flames and meter readings . pushing the rod in raises readings .

flames look nice and hot and lively .

Thanx , Greg

OT how do i create a sig like everyone has listing stove and pellet info? not familiar with this forum setup .

ok lets try it this way ....

IMG_01111.jpg

IMG_01121.jpg

IMG_01131.jpg

yes definately connected . i haven't put the surround on the stove/insert yet so i can see it .

damn the upload function still isn't working (not just me either , didn't work for Daksy yesterday ) you'd see my flames and meter readings . pushing the rod in raises readings .

flames look nice and hot and lively .

Thanx , Greg

OT how do i create a sig like everyone has listing stove and pellet info? not familiar with this forum setup .

Up in the upper right hand portion of this thread you should see your handle, move your cursor over it there will be a drop down panel in the left portion of that drop down there is a signature link, happy clicking.

You are measuring from the vac line yes? Not the correct place. You want a firebox reading. There is a 1/8 hole in the center of the front, behind the door and just under the lip of the opening. There is a screw theaded through there on newer models. You need to measure through that hole. Use the copper fitting of a gas thermocouple to get in there.

You are measuring from the vac line yes? Not the correct place. You want a firebox reading. There is a 1/8 hole in the center of the front, behind the door and just under the lip of the opening. There is a screw theaded through there on newer models. You need to measure through that hole. Use the copper fitting of a gas thermocouple to get in there.

Bingo awesome , many thanx to both you and Smokey :)

while I was waiting for Ace Hardware to open I came up with a solution .

i found that a needle from a flavor injector was just the right diam to fit that little hole :

IMG_01141.jpg

then i ground off the tip and wrapped it with flue tape about 3/16" back from the tip

IMG_01161.jpg

and voila

IMG_01151.jpg

Many Thanx again , Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.