New Install -- Napoleon 1402 Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deron

Nov 3, 2009
Northern Kentucky
At long last...after many weeks, wailing and gnashing of teeth (over getting a ss liner installed in my huge offset)
my new stove is finally in and is working magnificently.

Here are some photos, my glass is dirty because I'm busily breaking it in with a bunch of small fires...I'm getting
ready for a full box packing tomorrow.

Attachments

• nap firebox flames closeup.jpg
    nap firebox flames closeup.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 465
  • nap firebox flames.jpg
    nap firebox flames.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 465
  • nap fireplace.jpg
    nap fireplace.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 692
I like the stonework.

When you pack the firebox, make sure to leave a vertical gap in the center for flames to pass from the bottom to the top manifold. If you don't have this, it will take a lot longer for the secondary to kick in. Enjoy what I believe is about the best burning firebox configuration.

I take it that you haven't latched the door closed in that bottom pic, right?

About that power cord, it looks like it might be running under the stove, or up against the front of the stove. Not good. If you need to bring power into the left side of the stove, you'll need to get your hands on some high temp teflon-insulated wire and run it through the channel that runs under the firebox. This channel is where they pass wires from the right side to the left side fan.

Looks really nice. What was the answer to the chimney offset dilemma?

ControlFreak said:
When you pack the firebox, make sure to leave a vertical gap in the center for flames to pass from the bottom to the top manifold. If you don't have this, it will take a lot longer for the secondary to kick in. Enjoy what I believe is about the best burning firebox configuration.

I take it that you haven't latched the door closed in that bottom pic, right?

About that power cord, it looks like it might be running under the stove, or up against the front of the stove. Not good. If you need to bring power into the left side of the stove, you'll need to get your hands on some high temp teflon-insulated wire and run it through the channel that runs under the firebox. This channel is where they pass wires from the right side to the left side fan.

Okay thanks, will do.

Actually it was latched...I'm thinking the installer put the handle on the wrong side...it latches securely but I'm guessing the main reason for it to hang on the right hand side
pointing away is to keep it from getting too hot from the heat dissipation from the glass front, which it has. Looks like a simple adjustment to fix when it cools down.

The cord is just there temporarily until I free up a power slot on the right hand side of the fireplace.

BrotherBart said:
Looks really nice. What was the answer to the chimney offset dilemma?

Thanks, seems like it took forever but it's in.

They just cut out my damper, cut an opening in my steel firebox and slid a 6" insulated HomeSaver SS liner right in place, took a
little adjusting but nowhere even remotely what some had been talking about. Then they slapped an elbow on the end, connected
it to my stove slid it back and went roof-side to put a new plate and stack.

Works like a charm, absolutely perfect draft and not even a hint of smoke smell to be found anywhere...even at the stove itself.

So much for the guy who told me I'd never have a wood burner and it could not be done.

The smokey smell upstairs was coming from a shoddy mortar joint where the double flue and clay liners met 1/2 way up.

Problem solved, now I'm working on setting up my upstairs fireplace to accommodate a 24" Monessen gas log set I just bought.

Slowly but surely...the wife is happy so now everybody's happy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.