New install today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

onion

Burning Hunk
Nov 3, 2009
Ohio
I can hardly wait to fire it up.

100_3226.png

The installers were great. Regency 3100 with 25' of insulated liner. The best part was the bird's nest falling into the fireplace as they dropped the liner down. I'll get her rolling tomorrow.

I guess now I need an IR therm, an ash rake and a coal bucket.

Really looks super!! Nice looking stove. Will look that much better with a toasty warm fire warming you too!

Very nice, enjoy.

Beutifull install. The Regency's are nice looking units

newtothis said:
Why wait till tomorrow? Little kindling, couple of brews.... I'm just saying

Well the installer told me to hold off for a day if I can. I guess the sealant on the liner needs to cure.

Then again...I doubt a little fire would hurt anything :)

I wanna know if the FISH is real; who caught it, what the story is ............

-Soupy1957

congrats!!! Looks good, patience is a virtue. The wait will be worth it.

soupy1957 said:
I wanna know if the FISH is real; who caught it, what the story is ............

-Soupy1957

The fish is a replica mount of a walleye I caught on a fly-in trip to Trapline lake in Ontario. She was about 30"-31" probably around 15 lbs. I caught it on the first day of the trip. It was probably the 5th fish I caught. Of course we had a big fish bet going with the whole group and I was sure I had won. About 3 hours later my cousin boated one an inch longer LOL. That was the best fishing trip I ever took, we caught 50-75 walleye over 25" and a bunch of very good size northern. Not to mention walleye for breakfast lunch and dinner for 5 days :)

I got it on a 1/16 ounce jig with a leech on 8 lb line. My dad was fishing with me and was playing netboy. He was as excited (if not more) as I was when we saw it was a walleye and he proceeded to bonk her on the head twice with the net. I'm surprised she didn't come off. My uncle (who lives in MN) had me take a ton of measurements and said he knew a good taxidermist. The next Christmas Eve the mount showed up on my front door via Fedex with a Christmas card from Uncle John. I have a pic of me holding it somewhere...

I doubt she is still swimming around up there. Hopefully she got a few more spawns in before kicking the bucket.

onion said:
I can hardly wait to fire it up.

I guess now I need an IR therm, an ash rake and a coal bucket.

Correction: what you need now is dry wood, some kindling and a match. The dry wood is the most important of needs though.

Good luck to you.

nice, i like the raised hearth. always love to see pictures of new instals. thanks for posting the picture. pete

Sweet install...i was wondering about the fish too....i think it complements the stove real good....now about those horns???

Thats actually the biggest buck I've ever shot, which isn't saying much. I'm more of a meat hunter so the big bucks usually come in after I start field dressing a doe :p.

Here's the first fire. Its down to coals now. The thermostat says its 74, it's set @ 62 :)

100_3230.png

The smell wasn't too bad and I got the surface to about 350 (Rutland magnetic therm on the front). Should I let it cool and do another small fire or should I let 'er rip?

My Hearthstone (cast iron) instructions say three small fires, each getting the outside of the stove warm, but not so hot it burns your hand. I'd think the best place to get breakin instructions would be the Regency manual, as different stoves have different procedures.

It looks good the one issue is cleaning the chimney before putting the liner in. Thats to ensure there is no old buildup to ignite when your liner gets hot. I just say that because you mentioned a birds nest falling and I would of thought a sweep would have cleaned that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.