new install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

roadking88

Feeling the Heat
Jun 20, 2011
central Maine
trying to post picture of new install and keep getting
Error Message: The size of your attachments must not exceed 1100 KB
using mac re sized to small same thing...

go it
the question is mama pissed about the location of the probe..
being a guy i think is ok..no big deal
it's a new install this week
what you guys think???
thanks

Attachments

• P1000731.jpg
    P1000731.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 468
the picture is deceiving... the wire does go right in the corner...

I'd be less concerned about the probe location than the fact that the drapes on that glass door are way too close....was this install OK'd by local fire inspector or town inspector??

it was done by a professional pellet stove shop...

no i never had it inspected...

roadking88 said:
no i never had it inspected...

Well, it may be fine, but not sure that a fire inspector or insurance company would like that set-up, IMO.

Looks very nice.. What's the Clearance to Combustibles on a Harman (Corner install)?? My Quad was 2" or maybe even 1" have to check... Look into you measurements, but I would think they are far enough away. Have it inspected. By at least your insurance company. They need to know about it..

I would look into moving Drapes also..
You can never be to Pro Active and Safe, when it comes to having a Fire in your house.
Only other thing is, make sure to get a good surge Protector (not a cheap strip from Wal-Mart). Spent a lot of money on your investment. Make sure you "Protect" it.

thanks for the reply's..
i'll just take the curtains down in the heating season...
i'll call my insurance company and let them know installed a pellet stove..
with my regency all they wanted is pictures of the set up..
also the stove company said they can call them direct, if they have questions, all is installed to code according to them..
the curtains are 22 inches away and the book says has to be 9" away...

DexterDay said:
Looks very nice.. What's the Clearance to Combustibles on a Harman (Corner install)?? My Quad was 2" or maybe even 1" have to check... Look into you measurements, but I would think they are far enough away. Have it inspected. By at least your insurance company. They need to know about it..

I would look into moving Drapes also..
You can never be to Pro Active and Safe, when it comes to having a Fire in your house.
Only other thing is, make sure to get a good surge Protector (not a cheap strip from Wal-Mart). Spent a lot of money on your investment. Make sure you "Protect" it.

got a good Monster surge protector..
called insurance co, emailed them photos..
they said no problem..
i will remove the curtains during burning season..
thanks Dexter...

roadking88 said:
go it
what you guys think???
thanks

I don't think I would have the room sensor on an outside wall. You could get false reading.

msmith66 said:
roadking88 said:
go it
what you guys think???
thanks

I don't think I would have the room sensor on an outside wall. You could get false reading.

yeah i was thinking the same thing..
maybe i'll extend the wire and move it..

Hello

I really like that raised Hearth. Raised Hearth's make the stoves look bigger and better, plus the heat is pushed over the furniture better.

Who made the hearth??

Attachments

• AvalonAstoriaAtNightsc.jpg
    AvalonAstoriaAtNightsc.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 229
Don2222 said:
Hello

I really like that raised Hearth. Raised Hearth's make the stoves look bigger and better, plus the heat is pushed over the furniture better.

Who made the hearth??

i made the hearth and my buddy cut the tiles for me..i didn't have a tile saw...
yeah i like the raised hearth also..
could have bought one already made but to get it raised they wanted crazy money...over 300.bucks did it for almost half that...

those lights l@@k awesome on yours...by the way...

roadking88 said:
Don2222 said:
Hello

Who made the hearth??

i made the hearth and my buddy cut the tiles for me..i didn't have a tile saw...
yeah i like the raised hearth also..
could have bought one already made but to get it raised they wanted crazy money...over 300.bucks did it for almost half that...

those lights l@@k awesome on yours...by the way...

Nice job and you saved alot of doe!

I put an Electric 220 Volt 900 Watt kickSpace heater with wall thermostat in my raised hearth. So I could keep my feet warm when it was down for cleaning! Then I made an overhang with a recessed 1/3 inch slot and installed rope light!! It cost me $600 with the tiled back and mantle! I wonder how much if I paid someone else!!! LOL See pics below!
P.S. Also made it to hold 9 - 12" x 12" tiles so no tile cutting LOL

Attachments

• PS1PelletStove 013SC.jpg
    PS1PelletStove 013SC.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 190
  • PS1PelletStove 020SC.jpg
    PS1PelletStove 020SC.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 158
Status
Not open for further replies.