New Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

save$

Minister of Fire
Sep 22, 2008
Chelsea Maine
My son bought a used stove. Wife said it was ugly so they painted it. He built the hearth and did the install. I kept steering him to this forum.

Attachments

• Matt's stove.png
    Matt's stove.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 423
Wow. They turned an BBB (BIG BLACK BOX) into a thing of beauty.. Honestly. Looks amazing. And its an Englander. If remember correctly, there was a gentleman that suggested that they paint it????

Well either way, I hope they enjoy the wonders that is pellet burning. Hopefully he joins the Forum..

P.S.- How do you like your Sunburst Pellight from Czech?? I love mine... Are you using it? Or did you give it to your Son and Daughter in Law? I dont see it in there stove.

DexterDay said:
Wow. They turned an BBB (BIG BLACK BOX) into a thing of beauty.. Honestly. Looks amazing. And its an Englander. If remember correctly, there was a gentleman that suggested that they paint it????

Well either way, I hope they enjoy the wonders that is pellet burning. Hopefully he joins the Forum..

P.S.- How do you like your Sunburst Pellight from Czech?? I love mine... Are you using it? Or did you give it to your Son and Daughter in Law? I dont see it in there stove.
look lower right, Yes, I gave it to her. She very pleased with it. It won't stand up in that unit so my son is going to weld some feet on it. She is very happy with it. I hadn't seen it until tonight. Very good quality. Agree, the stove looks good. I was very surprised. Just a bit big for a room. Good thing they have a double living room. She is going to get some sort of decorative overlay to use on the top face of the stove. I am sure it will look good.
Thanks for the good comments. I am amazed at what this son is able to do. They have a propane furnace and a wood stove in an uninsulated basement. This should be a big change for both of them.

Even the stove pipe and thinble is white. Looks good though.

Here are some updated pic with the Sunburst Pellight from Czech. Stove is white, looks yellow in pic, but that was done with phone camera. Daughter in law very happy with this addition.

Attachments

• 1018111842.jpg
    1018111842.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 164
  • 1018111902.jpg
    1018111902.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 170
save$ said:
Here are some updated pic with the Sunburst Pellight from Czech. Stove is white, looks yellow in pic, but that was done with phone camera. Daughter in law very happy with this addition.

Wow... That looks great. I am sure your Daughter in Law and Son love it...

As for the Sun burst, I am glad I got one also.. My Wife loves it.. As do I. Much easier to clean around than a large 3 piece log set..

Attachments

• Sunburst Burning in Quad.jpg
    Sunburst Burning in Quad.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 154
  • Quad with Sunburst #3.jpg
    Quad with Sunburst #3.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 154
Status
Not open for further replies.