New installation of Jotul 450 Kennebec

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bhd21478

Oct 18, 2010
Missouri
Hey everyone.We are installing one of these units. I have thoroughly read all the installing literature on these units. Our installer who has yet to install this unit said he doesnt plan on placing a block off plate above the firebox. After reading all these post about how important it is Im thinking I should demand that they place one of these. What does everyone think? He said that they just pack the insulation around the top and insulate the stainless liner. I really want the best install for my money. Whats everyones opinion?

I just want to post an updateon our installation. It looks great and worked great over the weekend. The coldest night this weekend was 28 degrees and the other nights were just a little below 40. I guess the best thing that is nice about our setup is that it is setup in our dining room. This is not setting room,or TV room so we can crank it up if we please, or just build a small fire. It easily maintained nightime temp with one oscillating fan and 2 ceiling fans running. So far so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.