New Jotul 550 Installed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bboulier

Minister of Fire
Feb 9, 2010
NE Virginia
Our new Jotul 550 insert was installed on Friday. We are on our third burn. Very pleased with the stove. It replaced a 1960s insert ("name unknown", but will post pictures later). One thing I had not anticipated was how quiet the fire is. I am used to some "snap, crackle and pop". I really appreciate the suggestions and advice posted on this forum. Made this purchase and operation of the stove very much easier.

We were also pleased with our dealer (American Chimney in Purcellville, VA). Very knowledgeable, helpful, and did a good job with the install.

Bryan

IMO thats the nicest looking insert on the market, still contemplating getting one for the upstairs fireplace.

I have owned one since August of 2008. Have been more than satisfied with it. Good luck with yours , you will enjoy sitting in front of it and enjoying the heat. There is a long thread titled Jotul 550 rockland tips thread. Much information there. Welcome to the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.