New Jotul F55 Installed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On a side note, Jeffersonm, I think we have the same taste in furniture. I'm a mid century fiend.

Also, I like how you extended the masonry to the right of the stove and store your wood there now. That's nice and convenient. I like to take as few trips out to the back yard for wood as possible. Don't wanna hijack this thread any more than I already have, but I was thinking about doing something like this but a lot shorter. http://thecavenderdiary.com/2011/11/06/plumbing-pipe-firewood-holder/

I too am considering the F55 for my house. Let us know what kind of burn times you can get once you have had a chance to give it a good workout. I am hoping with a full load of wood I can get an overnight burn. No great supply of hardwood for me - I burn mostly larch and fir. Birch if I am lucky.

For sure you will get an overnight burn with a full load of wood if the stove is run properly. Larch and birch are pretty good for firewood. I get an overnight burn in a similarly sized firebox burning doug fir.

Overnight burns are no problem at all... just save the big chunks for the long nights.

On a side note, Jeffersonm, I think we have the same taste in furniture. I'm a mid century fiend.

Also, I like how you extended the masonry to the right of the stove and store your wood there now. That's nice and convenient. I like to take as few trips out to the back yard for wood as possible. Don't wanna hijack this thread any more than I already have, but I was thinking about doing something like this but a lot shorter. http://thecavenderdiary.com/2011/11/06/plumbing-pipe-firewood-holder/
Thanks. This house is was built in 1957 by a couple that lived here until they passed away a few years back, and then I bought the place. Everything is original and in excellence shape... sparkly laminate countertops, power blue bathroom, etc... it even has this automatic griddle that plugs into a special outlet on the counter:

IMG_20141124_090029_742_zpscwwspier.jpg

I hear you on the wood handling... I recently re-purposed this metal cart into a wood cart which gets me almost a week of wood at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.