New Jotul GF 160 dv ipi not working

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Slocochef

Mar 19, 2023
MI
My lovely stove self extinguishes after a random amt of time, there’s a few second no flames pause, then the flames pop back on with large orange flames, then settle back to normal. Twice the experts fooled around with it declaring it fixed. Friday night after the guy left it did it again….but almost immediately after clicking remote on it lost the short blue flames and then it popped on again… Fast forward it’s Monday ~ warming living room on ‘high’ for half hour…stepped it down to medium and alls good… but just now 30 min later stove is silent….I look and flames gone…then again the big pop back on….this was near 9k installation and very frustrated___ideas? TIA

No idea but since nobody else answered, I’ll say that you can definitely demand your installers fix it for good. I had a severely botched install for a wood stove insert a few years ago (see my old post about it). The manufacturer got involved and the installers (a reputable company, thankfully) came back, gave me a new apex 42 zc, rebuilt the stone hearth and totally made everything right and then some. Stove and hearth has been awesome ever since.

No idea but since nobody else answered, I’ll say that you can definitely demand your installers fix it for good. I had a severely botched install for a wood stove insert a few years ago (see my old post about it). The manufacturer got involved and the installers (a reputable company, thankfully) came back, gave me a new apex 42 zc, rebuilt the stone hearth and totally made everything right and then some. Stove and hearth has been awesome ever since.
Thx for replying😀. So as it stands Jotul told them to blow out the (new) gas line as unbelievably small particle could cause this, also the store ordered parts - I think a new pilot assembly and maybe even control board….it does some weird things still as they said use it parts won’t be in till mid January. It lights quick a couple of areas by the pilot …..then now just occasionally has a tough moment or two before the other areas make a flame….then dies out for a moment then relights…. So a reputable store and stove company hopefully will get things resolved… they will be sending the best installer and store owner both this next visit… bet it’s a pain as they are 1.5 hours away! But it’s warranty work so no charge to me thus far. Now the winter storms will be blasting thru MI - and the Eastern areas of the country - not gonna hold my breath as to a quick resolution! But store said even if it comes to replacing the stove they will - it’s just their way of business! Glad your unit got redone nicely!

Reactions: Giaman
Thx for replying😀. So as it stands Jotul told them to blow out the (new) gas line as unbelievably small particle could cause this, also the store ordered parts - I think a new pilot assembly and maybe even control board….it does some weird things still as they said use it parts won’t be in till mid January. It lights quick a couple of areas by the pilot …..then now just occasionally has a tough moment or two before the other areas make a flame….then dies out for a moment then relights…. So a reputable store and stove company hopefully will get things resolved… they will be sending the best installer and store owner both this next visit… bet it’s a pain as they are 1.5 hours away! But it’s warranty work so no charge to me thus far. Now the winter storms will be blasting thru MI - and the Eastern areas of the country - not gonna hold my breath as to a quick resolution! But store said even if it comes to replacing the stove they will - it’s just their way of business! Glad your unit got redone nicely!Good to hear
Thx for replying😀. So as it stands Jotul told them to blow out the (new) gas line as unbelievably small particle could cause this, also the store ordered parts - I think a new pilot assembly and maybe even control board….it does some weird things still as they said use it parts won’t be in till mid January. It lights quick a couple of areas by the pilot …..then now just occasionally has a tough moment or two before the other areas make a flame….then dies out for a moment then relights…. So a reputable store and stove company hopefully will get things resolved… they will be sending the best installer and store owner both this next visit… bet it’s a pain as they are 1.5 hours away! But it’s warranty work so no charge to me thus far. Now the winter storms will be blasting thru MI - and the Eastern areas of the country - not gonna hold my breath as to a quick resolution! But store said even if it comes to replacing the stove they will - it’s just their way of business! Glad your unit got redone nicely!
Good to hear—yup it’ll be warranty work until the fix the problem lol

My lovely stove self extinguishes after a random amt of time, there’s a few second no flames pause, then the flames pop back on with large orange flames, then settle back to normal. Twice the experts fooled around with it declaring it fixed. Friday night after the guy left it did it again….but almost immediately after clicking remote on it lost the short blue flames and then it popped on again… Fast forward it’s Monday ~ warming living room on ‘high’ for half hour…stepped it down to medium and alls good… but just now 30 min later stove is silent….I look and flames gone…then again the big pop back on….this was near 9k installation and very frustrated___ideas? TIA
Check the pilot flame.
Is it being pulled away from the flame sensor?
Have them check the amp draw on the flame sensor.
A good reading is 7 milliamps.