New Jotul

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinerat

Feb 24, 2010
South Jersey
Just got the call that the Jotul Firelight that I ordered is in. With the weather coming the next two days I'll have to wait until at least Saturday to make the trip to Wilmington, DE. Can't wait to replace the old Jotul Combifire #1. Great little stove but it just burns through too much wood. Also can't wait to start cutting 22 inch logs instead of 15 inch logs. I will try and post pre and post install pics.

Pinerat said:
Just got the call that the Jotul Firelight that I ordered is in. With the weather coming the next two days I'll have to wait until at least Saturday to make the trip to Wilmington, DE. Can't wait to replace the old Jotul Combifire #1. Great little stove but it just burns through too much wood. Also can't wait to start cutting 22 inch logs instead of 15 inch logs. I will try and post pre and post install pics.

You would think you would notice one hell of a difference. Isn't the #1 rated at 35k BTUs? The Firelight is at 81k BTUs.

Yes, I am hoping to see a major difference. House is new construction in 2005. About 2500 square feet with an open floor plan. Very high ceiling (never measured but all of 25+ feet) in the living room with ceiling fan and return for the 2nd zone heat to three upstairs rooms. With the Jotul #1 I could get the living room up to 74-75 degrees in the coldest weather and the rest of the house, except for the master bath, would be comfortable. After loading up at 10-10:30pm the current stove will burn for a maximum of 2.5 to 3 hours and the propane heat usually will kick on in the morning. Hoping to be able to burn longer, heat more and burn less wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.