New King parlor installed today.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
This is it.

Attachments

• Wood.jpeg
    Wood.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 267
I'm sure gonna miss him

Attachments

• 20160711_091732 (2).jpg
    20160711_091732 (2).jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 195
Reactions: sequoia
Nice stove let us know how it does this winter.

What's up ? Replacing the stove ? Moving?

Not a bad looking stove. You are right it does look better than your previous one. Wonder if you will feel any difference in a heat output with this monster.

Reminds me of Mr Incredible. Big ole body and little legs :)

Not a bad looking stove. You are right it does look better than your previous one. Wonder if you will feel any difference in a heat output with this monster.
Probably not specs are exactly the same,it will do well here in northeast Ohio,went through two worst winters in history with the Ultra no complaints. Thet are amazing units. Built like tanks.

Thet are amazing units. Built like tanks

You think? They are built well and perform well but nothing about them is overbuilt IMO. Like the metal is quite thin. When I think of built like a tank I think of armor and extra thick bombproof steel. The BKs don't use extra thick steel anywhere. They are "optimized".

You think? They are built well and perform well but nothing about them is overbuilt IMO. Like the metal is quite thin. When I think of built like a tank I think of armor and extra thick bombproof steel. The BKs don't use extra thick steel anywhere. They are "optimized".
There's a bunch of thick steel in the top of a BK. It really shows in the cutaway model.

If there's a better built stove out there I'll buy it ,or a better performer.I've had five or six stoves since 2004 all are gone ,Morso,Quadrafire burnt to a crisp,Buck total rubbish,NC 30 need a forest to feed it.BK,Utra King,excellent,no complaints whatsoever,King Parlor ?we'll see.Jotul,good stove hard to control but short burn times,even the big one.Build a better stove and I'll buy it. Just my take.

Yes but the steel is thin. Have you ever looked across the top of the stove and noticed all of the welds from below?

"Better built" is not what I'm talking about, built like a tank implies bombproof and thick steel.

With what, if you don't mind my asking

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

With what, if you don't mind my asking

Move a little down the thread to New Parlor installed today.

Should've caught that in the title I guess. Lol

I have this exact stove, it's amazing. Got mine last July. Essentially heated my 2,400 sq foot house (2 floors) all last winter on about 3.5-4 cords. I don't have a chimney liner, have a poor vent set up, and less than ideal wood. I used 3/4 of a tank of oil last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.