new lennox montage questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steevo

Oct 17, 2011
central ct
brand new to pelet stoves and just purchased a lennox montage. seemed like a decent stove after all the research and the price was fair, this is my first pellet stove so i have a few questions hopefully some of you guys can answer. i have it sitting in front of my fireplace and venting through my chimney using a liner. stove seems to have been updated with the new control board and locked damper.

1- I seem to be having some issues adjusting the flame, flame color is decent but very intermittant on height. it can go from 6-8" highr than the burn pot to being barely able to see it. ive played with the damper and heat seems good so maybe its just me being new to the pellet stoves.
2- auger motor seems very noisy at times, ive run 2 diff brands of pellets through it maybe 6 bags total, and doesnt change it. almost sounds like it getting stuck or breaking the pellets. i'm using green supremes and new england pellets. none of the pellets seem to long according to the lennox manual.
3- started it up about 5am this morning and been running on high since and barely seems to have taken the chill out of the air, so im worried maybe its not big enough to heat the house for the winter, house is a 1400 sqaure foot cape.

like i said could be me, i just replace a wood insert stove i was using to heat the house the last 5 years, which did good, just a poor burn time and was usually out by the time i got home so i figured a pellet stove would better suit me for refilling. just want to make sure im using this correctly or should i be calling lennox for a technician
thanks in advance
steevo

Attachments

• PS3PelletStoveBackPlane&Connection 240sc.jpg
    PS3PelletStoveBackPlane&Connection 240sc.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 370
I'm getting ready to install the exact same stove in the next couple of days. That stove should be plenty big for your home.

How exactly are you venting through your chimney flue? 3" flex or a cleanout T plus some vertical pipe? Either way, I'm not sure that is going to be a good draft situation, since it is not designed as an insert. You would be better off venting directly through a wall if possible. The factory damper position is not going to be right for every install, so you cold try adjusting that in small increments? Keep us posted.

first off.....thanks to Don2222 for the video link....helped me a bunch.........

i originally had a wood insert in the firplace with a 6" stainless steel liner installed. i set the lennox up against the fireplace opening and it fit perfect height wise, and left 6" open on each side, so i stacked some stone up on the sides. as for the liner i used a 6" to 3" adapter and bought a tee with cleanout and a 3' section of stainless flex pipe and furnace cemented all connections and used high temp rtv on the tee to the stove. double checked for smoke and had no leaks, just get a quick burn smell when the ignitor light the pellets on a start-up. also have had a co detector next to the stove and so far it reads zero. dont feel any drafts as the liner is sealed at the top of the chimney with the cage. after watching the video that was linked earlier i noticed the factory damper setting was almost closed all the way instead of lined up like in the vid, so it seems to run a lot better. welll see in the next week or 2.....

Status
Not open for further replies.