New liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

husky345 vermont resolute

Feeling the Heat
Sep 20, 2012
london, ontario
What's your guys opinion on insulating flexible liners? I just bought a Selkirk 6" kit but did not come with insulation I will have plenty of room down my existing chimney for both.

Safety wise it's always a good idea, especially if there is room for an easy install.

Yeah while you are there, do it for performance and safety. Or you always wonder...

Never seen it in stock here. May be different stock up there though. Give'em a call.

What's your guys opinion on insulating flexible liners? I just bought a Selkirk 6" kit but did not come with insulation I will have plenty of room down my existing chimney for both.
My son is concerned about exposed insulation around a flex liner install in his chimney. He is wondering if it is safe to burn wood in the fireplace. Attached is a picture:
IMG_0473.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
My son is concerned about exposed insulation around a flex liner install in his chimney. He is wondering if it is safe to burn wood in the fireplace. Attached is a picture:
No it is not right that needs to be covered with masonry or metal. Also what size liner is that it looks really small for a fireplace.

Status
Not open for further replies.