New load of heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whatisup02

Feb 3, 2012
MI
Well I got another load of wood. Just need to get it cut up and split now. Anyone want to help....lol should be getting 2-3 more this year. That will put me at 17 cords. Not to bad of my first year burning wood. My last to loads or 6 cords will be all oak and I will have the time to let it dry.

Attachments

• IMG_20120426_162536-1.jpg
    IMG_20120426_162536-1.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_20120426_162551-1.jpg
    IMG_20120426_162551-1.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 152
Looking good.
You did allot of work to get that far ahead. But can see you had some good help :)
Good job

That is some nice wood! Something tells me you might be talking about face cord? 17 cord of wood is a lot!

That is some nice wood! Something tells me you might be talking about face cord? 17 cord of wood is a lot!

Nope full cords. A lot of what I have is softwood trying to get ahead. As I'm just starting out I only wanted stuff that would dry fast. The load in the pic is mostly maple with some pine in there to.

wow, just starting out and you have 17 cords already? I'm impressed

Not yet, I am at 11 cord now.I have 2 more loads coming and then ill be at 17 cord.

Whatisup02, you must be a working horse! Great job. Where (general location) are you located? We are sort of mid MI.

Whatisup02, you must be a working horse! Great job. Where (general location) are you located? We are sort of mid MI.

Mid Mi also. I'm about 10 miles outside of charlotte.

We're quite a bit north of you then; about 10 miles outside of Chesaning.

I don't think I have ever been there befor.

It is a lot of work getting all that wood cut a split but it has to be done. This coming witer will be my first full year of burning. I don't have a clue how much wood I will burn so I'm just going all out. I want to be done befor its hot out.

I hear you there. We like to do all the cutting in the winter months. We start right after rifle deer season. Stack it up and then do the splitting in the spring. It seems to work well and then we're out of the woods before birds nest and deer drop the fawns. I really don't like working with the wood that much during the hot summer and really hate swatting all the bugs and skeeters.

Dont get me started on the bugs.!!

I dont have any place to cut down trees or I would. So we get them brought to us. I have a 100 acers by fremont but thats 90ish miles from the house and thats just to far to haul firewood. Its cheaper and faster to have the logs droped at the house. The other place is my lil hunting spot. Now if i can only get the deer to come around when I have time to hunt.

Hey, we see lots of folks who go north and come back with some huge loads! I once talked to a fellow in the UP. He was heading toward the Bridge and I asked. He was from the Detroit area!

It is a lot of work getting all that wood cut a split but it has to be done. This coming witer will be my first full year of burning. I don't have a clue how much wood I will burn so I'm just going all out. I want to be done befor its hot out.
I think you should have it covered with 17 cords. :)
I'll probably be getting wood all Summer but I'll be able to do something else on the really hot days...unlike last year. :ZZZ

Status
Not open for further replies.