New Log Splitter...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ponyboync

Jul 12, 2009
NC
Powerhorse 20 ton for $530 plus tax. That sounds like a great deal but I'm a little hesitant to buy at such a low price. Does anyone have any experience with "Powerhorse" brand?

Is it the horizontal and vertical splitter? If so it seems like a decent deal. The google I came up with did not state the engine brand. good luck

geoxman said:
Is it the horizontal and vertical splitter? If so it seems like a decent deal. The google I came up with did not state the engine brand. good luck

believe the powerhorse splits in both directions and is only horizontal...... 530 bucks i would do it electric splitters are 300+

ponyboync said:
Powerhorse 20 ton for $530 plus tax. That sounds like a great deal but I'm a little hesitant to buy at such a low price. Does anyone have any experience with "Powerhorse" brand?

buy it

Well, I went ahead and got it. It is the one that only splits horizontal and goes both ways...left and right. ;)
It was $490 plus tax. Hydraulic fluid not included. Apparently it is a discontinued model. Got it at Northern Tool. Can't wait to try it out. Gonna kick some stringy white oak butt this weekend. Thanks for all the input.

ponyboync said:
Well, I went ahead and got it. It is the one that only splits horizontal and goes both ways...left and right. ;)
It was $490 plus tax. Hydraulic fluid not included. Apparently it is a discontinued model. Got it at Northern Tool. Can't wait to try it out. Gonna kick some stringy white oak butt this weekend. Thanks for all the input.

lol white oak red oak hickory all great wood, butt seen to kick my butt every-time! muscle wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.