1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

New & looking for the right stove

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by deecoco, Jul 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deecoco

deecoco New Member

Loc:
    Catskills NY
    I live in upstate NY. I am looking to buy a pelllet stove for my Tile Showroom., which is approx. 1400 sf with high ceilings and NO insulation between the walls! Cost me $900. a month last winter to heat the place and it was still FREEZING!!!
    What would be a very Low maintence, easy to use pellet stove suggestion? I will be operating it myself (female) and want easy to use operation. No ornate trims just a stove to supplement the heat problem. Suggestions, please. I can get Quadra, Lopi & Avalon Stoves where I am.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. stoveguy2esw

stoveguy2esw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    madison hgts. va
    all three you mentioned are excellent product lines. i would suggest about half again the heating capacity of your shop due to the uninsulated walls , probably a lot of open air , and hard surfaces like tile tend to need more heat to get them receptive to warming up , look for somthing in the 50Kbtu or higher range and preferrably able to heat up to 2K to 2200 sq ft. preferrable more if available.

hope this helps ya
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.