New Lopi Freedom installed and question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krav51

Sep 28, 2015
glenmoore pa
So how cold should it be before I have my first fire?Only going down to 50 tonight. image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Time to break it in! Get a few small fires under your belt, then bring on the normal size fire, you're ready...

Better now while you can still open some windows then later. Be prepared for some horrible smelling fumes when the paint bakes in.

Reactions: jeffesonm
Yeh ,it keeps calling my name:),gonna fire it up

The funny thing is after 5 years with my stove, that itch to burn never seems to diminish. I wonder if the real veterans of wood burning still get that crave to burn each season, just like the first time...

Until the fire has started burning robustly on its own. Usually only 5 minutes or so but with a strong draft I can often close it sooner. It depends on the kindling dryness and sizes and how well I build the initial pile. With a chunk of SuperCedar as the starter under a criss-crossed stack of dry finishing scraps I often can close the door right away.

Reactions: GS7
Might just need the snap switch spring tightened to press it harder against the stove body. Where is the temp being measured and how long has it been burning?

Sounds about right for a cold startup. Whether it is normal or not will take some observation with a few fires and reloads. The snap switch is intentionally located low on the stove so that the entire body heats up before the fan switches on.

Thank you!One more quick question ,there is some left to right movement on the air control,any reason for that ?its not mentioned in the manual .Big thank u to all that replied!

Not sure, linkage slop? Hopefully another Freedom owner will chime in on their unit.

Been burning 50 minutes,just kicked on at 450,is that normal ?Thermometer is on left side of stove as advised by dealer

That sounds about right after a cold start my answer fan kicks on in about 30 minutes

I'm on my 3rd season with the freedom. That stove is built like a tank. The snap switch for the fan is located on the bottom of the stove. I think because heat rises, the stove top gets hotter much quicker than the bottom . That switch is also located on the outside. The whole mass of the stove has to heat up to temp(150 I think) Befor the fan kicks on. Mine takes anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes to kick on depending on how much wood i load.

The side ways slop in the air control is normal, the air control is a spring loaded rectangular slide in a rectangular tube.My freedom can take a little while for the fan to kick on sometimes .Clearing the ash buildup around the doghouse seems to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.