New Lopi in...now how to hook it up?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JR82

Hearth Supporter
Apr 20, 2009
NNJ
Picked up my Republic 1750 a couple weeks ago, have it sitting where it needs to be. Now I need to run the pipe to the existing masonry chimney. Its approx. 30" vertical, then a 90 elbow, and approx 18" horizontal. Here is the problem: i dont like the 'snap lock' type pipe. I really want to use the one piece welded but of course my distances aren't going to match up to standard lengths. And the only telescoping length i have found is way too long. Can anyone offer some suggestions? I've been wanting to take a pic to illustrate the setup, maybe tonight i'll get to it and add to this post. I'm sure there has to be a way other than pay the dealer come out and do it.

Download the Simpson Duravent catalog. On page 19, they have short adjustable sections of double-wall that will do the job (6-9" or 12-19") . Be sure the horiz. run is pitched slightly uphill towards the flue.

Another option would be to come up say a foot off the stove, then a 45 elbow, then a short diagonal run, then another 45 directly into the masonry thimble. Often a pair of 45 drafts better, especially if the chimney is short.

I saw that in the catalogue but have yet to find someone who carries it. I like your 45 elbow idea, i'm sure i will still run into issues with the pipe lengths though.

With dura vent stove pipe you can get almost any lenth you need with fixed and adj. They have offset charts in there catalog.take some measurments and look at the charts

are you using double or single wall? if single, cut the stuff w/ some snips on the female side to length

Single wall. And yes i know the catalog has the options the issue is finding someone who carries them.

call elmer's pipe in auburn, ME.. they make solid 22g heavy wall stove pipe. can probably ups to you

Status
Not open for further replies.