New Maine Woods Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There seems to be a few bags floating around. Here is what I just got today.

Attachments

• MWP bag1.jpg
    MWP bag1.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 275
I just picked up 3 bags the other day. Is this bag the old/"bad"
stuff ? (see attached pic)

Attachments

• 1106102219a.jpg
    1106102219a.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 243
Gweeper64 said:
I just picked up 3 bags the other day. Is this bag the old/"bad"
stuff ? (see attached pic)

there is no way of knowing with out the manufacture code on the outside of the big white bag that covers the whole pallet. Then you have to call the plant with the number and they will tell you how old they are. The only sure way of knowing you have the newest batch is to buy the ones with the log cabin on the bag.

BTU said:
quazi95 said:
j-takeman said:
Another vote for a split order.

Love to hear the feedback on the new MWP from all users!

They are awesome for the price. The ash is a bit more than a cubex or a turman but the heat and the price ... + awesome! have you done any tests? recently?

Define "a bit more"........

the twin port from turmans I have are around .31... http://www.woodpelletreviews.com/Reviews/Pellets/Turman-Hardwood-Pellets.html and I would say that the Maine is about double that. http://www.woodpelletreviews.com/Reviews/Pellets/Maine-Woods-Pellets.html (by my eye)

Every stove is different and I would be more interested in what Jay finds out in his tests. I also have the tests for the Maine Pellets from the University of Maine which are completely different from twin ports. The universities testing makes them out the be the worlds best pellets EVER. Check them out as well. I wonder how the testing is done differently because the results are massively different.

Status
Not open for further replies.