New member. Burnin from Scotland. Great forum !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
homebrewz said:
I'd be aging porter in those casks.

I've thought about ageing my cider in an old whisky barrel before, but empty whisky barrels are hard to find down these parts.

Last time I saw any empty ones was up past Callendar when we were staying in the Trossachs on holiday.

Great scenery and great whisky (I tried to help empty a barrel or two whilst there)......... ;-)

thanx again for the warm welcome everyone. lookin forward now to sittin back and surfing this site. i managed to upload a couple of pictures at least for now but ill be back. the first photos in my living room and as one of you guys said " no photo, no stove "
the second photo is in my garden. this is where im storing my wood.
thanx.

Attachments

• photo[1] - Copy.png
    photo[1] - Copy.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 239
  • Photo-0025.jpg
    Photo-0025.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 212
Wow. Great place. What kind of stove is that? That fireplace is beautiful

DaFattKidd said:
Wow. Great place. What kind of stove is that? That fireplace is beautiful
Thanks. The stove is a Vortigern 7 kw. I dont know if that is the greatest stove out there but its hot and thats good enough for us ;)

welcome Tony,,,
i moved from scotland to canada in 1981, we have 2 stoves , .Right now we are in dade city, florida (till april).....
in scotland i lived in Banknock, anyhoo, which area of glasgow are you in,,,,,
again welcome, catch ya later...
john

That stove setting is like something out of a magazine or something, it's lovely.

And that's my wife's favourite colour on the walls too, it sets the white mantel off perfectly.

Must keep her away from this thread or I might find myself with some decorating to do........ ;-)

thenorth said:
welcome Tony,,,
i moved from scotland to canada in 1981, we have 2 stoves , .Right now we are in dade city, florida (till april).....
in scotland i lived in Banknock, anyhoo, which area of glasgow are you in,,,,,
again welcome, catch ya later...
john
Hey. Nice to hear from you. So jealous about you livin in Florida i must admit. I live in Carmunnock its the only village in Glasgow and even though its only 20 minutes from the city its proper countryside which is great until the snow comes

woodchip said:
That stove setting is like something out of a magazine or something, it's lovely.

And that's my wife's favourite colour on the walls too, it sets the white mantel off perfectly.

Must keep her away from this thread or I might find myself with some decorating to do........ ;-)

Thanks. Probably a good idea about your wife. My cousin and i got the stove fitted 2 weeks before Christmas and then my wife decides that we ( or should i say I ) should completely re-do the whole room. It was a mad rush but got there. Our Xmas tree only went up on the 23rd :)

Every time a read a post from Tony - I read it in a Scottish accent. Is that weird??

And welcome to the forum. Pull up a seat and hang around for a bit.

Welcome to the forum . . . always nice to hear from folks from all corners of this world of ours.

Welcome to the forum Tonybhoy1888.

Even weirder, everyone on this thread now has a brogue.

Okay, someone has to say it, so may as well be me:

Picts . . . or it didn't happen.

Welcome Tony.
Nice place.
Very unique fire wood source you have. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.