New Member / European Radiators

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

razvy

Dec 28, 2010
Sullivan Cty, NY
Before I start whit questions allow me salute all forum members and congratulate the site administrator for a great job and hope that the new year brig to all of us happiness and lots of btu's .
I am building a new home , just finish for the winter whit the main framing and sheathing and already thinking ahead for heating system , I want a wood boiler whit a second LP boiler . Few months ago I come back from Europe where i seen beautiful aluminum radiators made out of die casting aluminum , I wile post few pictures to make myself clear , for the bathroom they have nice towel warmer / radiators , each unit has mounted a thermostat and makes the system easy to control . I ask and everybody if they like it and everybody seems to love it , i don't see them in the US anybody has any idea , or somebody knows more , I relay what em in my house.
Thx

steel-aluminum-compound-rad.jpg

aluminum-die-casting-radiators-85.jpg

pro02.jpg

DTNTRV4ANGLE.jpg

They look really nice. I've been trying to find out which panel rads are reasonably priced and of good quality. You see quite a range of prices on-line, but little info as to what you get for the money. Does anyone have any suggestions as to brands that might be better or worse, or of lesser or better quality, or more or less reasonable in price?. What should you look for in a panel rad? Or are they all pretty much the same? Those pictured really do look nice. I wonder if aluminum is more or less efficient than steel?

Mike

Whilst they are the norm elsewhere, they are fairly unusual in the US. So you are probably looking for something like the ones in the picture, direct importation.

Myson sell in the US, but by no means all their range, Dianorm as well.

I would suggest staying with steel radiators instead of any aluminum ones. Aluminum has too many potential issues to contend with.
There is a reason that there are no importers of aluminum radiant panels in the US.
There are many providers of steel radiant panels. Just Google radiant panel.

I like the Jaga with that small boost fan. It can run down to 90F supply temperatures. I believe they are starting to manufacture some of their products in Canada.

For steel panel rads, Myson, Runtal, Dianorm and Buderus are commonly used by installers, and are in stock at most wholesalers in many sizes.

There was a bunch of aluminum baseboard sold and installed in the 90's. It didn't fair so well with the fluid conditions it was exposed to over here. It developed pin holes and corrosion where the fittings connected to it. The heat output was fairly low also. That radiator might fair better but the cost/ output?

hr

Thanks for the recommends. Does anyone know if there is much of a quality difference between the different brands of steel radiators? Or are they all pretty much the same? the Buderus ones seemed pretty pricey, but maybe they are worth it for some reason. I remember Heaterman had a post where he recommended a brand. I'll have to find it.

Mike

Detail wise yes, standard wise they all have to meet the same standard, EN442.

The details may or may not be important to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.