New Member, Hello.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fffrosty72

Nov 3, 2010
Pacific Junction IA
Just joined today and look forward to learning alot from this site! Thought I'd start with a few pics.

Attachments

• 2009-12-6 (7).jpg
    2009-12-6 (7).jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 492
  • XL10.jpg
    XL10.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 478
  • IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 503
welcome fffrosty! when your first post shows a pic of your woodshed, its a good indicator that you're gonna fit right in here, lol.

Considering the time of year it is,......I'd say ya'd better get busy with gettin more wood and gettin that stove ready for burning..........

Hell.......most of us are burnin 24/7 now!

-Soupy1957

Welcome, and it looks like you'll fit right in!

Delta-T said:
welcome fffrosty! when your first post shows a pic of your woodshed, its a good indicator that you're gonna fit right in here, lol.

+1 = Welcome. I've learned so much from this site. The information helped me pick out and install my new gasification boiler. I couldn't be happier or more thankful for all the great advice and comments I've read here.
And we ALL love pictures. "If you don't got pictures, it didn't happen!"

Let's get busy!
during.jpg

Yep, you are already a year behind. Better stop wasting time here and get to work. Get on it!

Welcome . . . and I like the pic of the woodshed.

Welcome aboard!

Question 4 ya . . . How'd they come up with a name containing Pacific in the middle of corn country?

Oh, BTW, the site rules require posting pics of your wife, GF, or both before you can ask questions.

Thanks guys, the shed is full now and probably not big enough. As for the bigger rider, we can all dream can't we?

We've been burning every night for the last week, and I think I have the lighting of the fire figured out. My wife still has trouble but she has her own way, so that's all i got to say about that.

As for the wife pics, I haven't found that thread yet but I guess I can put one up anyway!

Attachments

• 464769-R1-051-24_024.jpg
    464769-R1-051-24_024.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 363
  • DSC03027.jpg
    DSC03027.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 330
Dang, either you're a REALLY fast worker, or the first pic of the hearth is from months ago. :cheese:
Very nice stone work.
Nice pic of the wife too.
Oh, and welcome to the Hearth.
Before Dennis gets here, I'll do the honors, and tell you what you may already know.......get some more wood put up for next year.
ASAP.

Yeah, I'm not a fast worker, the first pic was in Dec 09' and the second was in mid Apr after we moved in.

I probably need to build some more wood storage somewhere, maybe next summer?

Is there a way to see all the recent new posts on here or do you just go to the forums you want to see?

I don't know much of anything about stoves, but yours looks good. Same goes for the wife. Plus she's willing to 'do the fire' when called upon. Congrats!

Looks like you've made some speedy progress on the house. Let's not tell my wife that it shouldn't take 10 years to complete a house.

Anyway, I think the home page lists the most recent posts.

Jimbo

fffrosty72 said:
Yeah, I'm not a fast worker, the first pic was in Dec 09' and the second was in mid Apr after we moved in.

I probably need to build some more wood storage somewhere, maybe next summer?

Is there a way to see all the recent new posts on here or do you just go to the forums you want to see?

Welcome fffrosty72.

Always the most recent post will be up first in each part of the forum. Yes, you have to go to each part to look. I look on the Hearth Room, the Wood Shed, Gear and sometimes here on Pictures.

Pull up a chair an make yourself at home. Pictures were great.

Status
Not open for further replies.