New member here, englander 17 question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebelduckman

Minister of Fire
Dec 14, 2013
Pulaski, Mississippi
Good morning folks. I've been reading for awhile now and thought I'd go ahead and join. I just purchased a 17-vl and have a question. I'm totally new to this whole thing but I plan to be a long time wood stove user. I'm about to install a 17. Haven't completely decided on double wall or single wall yet for indoors. I'll be installing duravent pipe .Do I need an adapter at the stove? At the support box? I think I'm going with the telescoping stovepipe into a square support box. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi there. I am fairly new and in the middle of installing the exact stove you mentioned. I had to go with the double wall stove pipe because of clearance issues with the sheetrock wall to the left of my stove. I went with the Duravent DVL setup and got the stove adapter. Here is a link with a picture of the STOVE adapter.

http://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/duravent-double-wall-6-in-wood-stove-adapter-8680/0000000044738

Here is a picture of the single wall adapter you can use for the stove.

http://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/duravent-wood-stove-6-in-adapter/0000000044730

I am not entirely sure if you need a stove adapter if you are going with the single wall application. Its probably used so you can screw the stovepipe to something. I can tell you when I pressed that DVL (double wall) adapter to the flue on top of the stove its was on there and not coming off. Its almost as if its locked in place somehow.

Hi there. I am fairly new and in the middle of installing the exact stove you mentioned. I had to go with the double wall stove pipe because of clearance issues with the sheetrock wall to the left of my stove. I went with the Duravent DVL setup and got the stove adapter. Here is a link with a picture of the STOVE adapter.

http://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/duravent-double-wall-6-in-wood-stove-adapter-8680/0000000044738

Here is a picture of the single wall adapter you can use for the stove.

http://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/duravent-wood-stove-6-in-adapter/0000000044730

I am not entirely sure if you need a stove adapter if you are going with the single wall application. Its probably used so you can screw the stovepipe to something. I can tell you when I pressed that DVL (double wall) adapter to the flue on top of the stove its was on there and not coming off. Its almost as if its locked in place somehow.

Thanks! I went ahead and got the dvl double wall black pipe for the stovepipe and Triple wall dura plus for chimney. I've got all my supplies but the stove top adapter. If I can't find one locally, I'll surely go with the link you sent me. Thanks alot

Thanks! I went ahead and got the dvl double wall black pipe for the stovepipe and Triple wall dura plus for chimney. I've got all my supplies but the stove top adapter. If I can't find one locally, I'll surely go with the link you sent me. Thanks alot

If you bought the Duraplus triple wall kit you will get both the DVL adapter and single wall (snap lock adapter) so you can hook up the stove pipe to the support box.

If you bought the Duraplus triple wall kit you will get both the DVL adapter and single wall (snap lock adapter) so you can hook up the stove pipe to the support box.

I didn't get the kit. I don't have room for an insulation shield so I bought the parts individually. Wound up saving about 30 bucks.
I hope I can find a stove top adapter locally because I'm ready to get burning! Thanks for the input

Status
Not open for further replies.