New member, New Owner, Older 6039...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mustangwagz

Feeling the Heat
Oct 5, 2014
Western PA
Howdy Folks,

Completely new to the Pellet stove, multi fuel idea. Im not new to heating with wood however, i currently own a New Englander 3500 add-on furnace, ive owned it for 6 years now and have no complaints AT ALL. lol most of the time it runs us outta the house...just trying another method to see how it works here in the home that MIGHT make life easier.

Had kicked the idea around for quite a while, got a Great deal on an older 6039 (i think it was a good deal?..100 bucks, works so far from what i can tell, should fire it today to find out for sure.) Reason i say older, it seems to have a different design compared to what ive read on here.

In numerous posts ive read about a damper slide under the door... Mine doesnt have one. Ive also read some info from "schoondog" about different settings and such and how to manually adjust stuff. Mine appears to have the older control board (only has "A-B-C" along with 2 up and down arrows.)

Can ANYONE point me to a thread or page that explains exactly what letters do what for the whole operation process? Also, according to what ive read, (also via the manual) that the burner is setup for corn right off the get-go? i intend on running wood pellets strictly as the price of corn around here seems to be higher.

any help is greatly appreciated folks, thanks much.

-WagZ-

I can e-mail you all the info I have on this unit. You are correct it is an older board (but can be upgraded but will work fine with the ABC board). Some of the units didn't have a slide damper on the front, I find that those seem to burn better. The OAK attaches to the 2" pipe on the back, you will need to also run 2" flex inside the unit too. Most have a cover on the OAK intake under the burnpot if it has not already been removed. The stove will burn pellets or corn well. PM me the addy and I'll e mail all the tech sheets I can on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.