New Member, New Woodshed, and Thanks! (Pic Heavy)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Extremely nice job, I love the way you used the logs for the posts.

Nice lookin shed. Should keep the elements off your wood nicely.

onetracker said:
heck with the woodshed. i'm seeing those boards overlapping, a metal roof, a pot bellied stove and a poker table in there.

seriously, great work and welcome to the forum.
If you run the stove hot enough it won't matter that there are gaps in the siding!! During the depression people would use newspapers for interior wallpaper to keep the drafts out.

Welcome to the forum . . . and thanks for posting the pics of the woodshed -- fantastic . . . just needs a roof.

oooozing w/ jealousy.

Well done and welcome but be forwarned, you just set the bar pretty damn high for what we expect of all your posts now :)

pen

pen said:
oooozing w/ jealousy.

Well done and welcome but be forwarned, you just set the bar pretty damn high for what we expect of all your posts now :)

pen

I know I know! That's what I said in a previous response and others have alluded too...geesh....guess I spilled the goods too fast ehh! :lol:

I'm already trying to figure out how to up the ante for the next post!

I actually just ordered some galvanized roofing for the wood shed so as non exciting as that is, I can post some pics of the fully roofed shed in a few days.

Thanks again for the warm welcome everyone!

I'm a psychologist by trade and I can tell you THiS about your great first post.

There is this thing called primacy effect and also there is recency effect. basically you remember the first thing and the most recent thing MORESO than the things in the middle. Like, if I said remember these colors: blue, red, yellow, orange, green, black, white... And then I asked everybody to recite the colors back, then most people would get the blue and white ones right, with mixed results on the colors in the middle.
Soooo, how does that relate to you? Well, everybody will remember your first post, and your most recent post, but we'll forget the stuff in the middle. The problem is that each new post is your most recent, so if you don't wanna look bad then make that post good. BUT, if you have a stupid post (refer to my example earlier in the thread), then don't fret, just post something Smart as fast as you can!

Or you can just be like Jay and post so much that it's like white noise and nobody really pays attention to what he is saying anyway!! LoL

Danno77 said:
I'm a psychologist by trade and I can tell you THiS about your great first post.

There is this thing called primacy effect and also there is recency effect. basically you remember the first thing and the most recent thing MORESO than the things in the middle. Like, if I said remember these colors: blue, red, yellow, orange, green, black, white... And then I asked everybody to recite the colors back, then most people would get the blue and white ones right, with mixed results on the colors in the middle.
Soooo, how does that relate to you? Well, everybody will remember your first post, and your most recent post, but we'll forget the stuff in the middle. The problem is that each new post is your most recent, so if you don't wanna look bad then make that post good. BUT, if you have a stupid post (refer to my example earlier in the thread), then don't fret, just post something Smart as fast as you can!

Or you can just be like Jay and post so much that it's like white noise and nobody really pays attention to what he is saying anyway!! LoL

Oh Danno you always have a way of sticking your foot in your month.....Really in the front middle and end! :cheese:

Did somebody just say something? Lololololol.

Danno77 said:
Did somebody just say something? Lololololol.

Best stick with the kids your not going to match up well! ;-)

Welcome aboard. About time you said hello. Nice shed too.

I like the shed especially the natural poles,they look better than store bought 4x4 and cheaper.Make sure you leave enough room for a bed so when your wife kicks you out of the house for talking firewood too much you have somewhere to go

Also be sure you can get on the internet out there. :)

Welcome
Awesome pictures.
Great craftsmanship on the wood shed!
You did lots of work & have lots of BTUs.
Good job!

Bro, awesome job on the shed. I, too, built a shed after stumbling onto this site. After we hang around here awhile, we're almost obligated to "raise the bar", as they say. Once you have a shed full of dry wood, its all downhill from there. Again, great job.

Great....great.....GREAT post!!!

What a cool wood-shed that is and i am soooooooo going to try and copy it!!!

Very impressive and thank-you for letting us all see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.