New member of the family

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

USMC80

Minister of Fire
Mar 27, 2013
New Jersey
Been away for a bit and just wanted to introduce the newest member to our family. Chase Taylor McClellan was born on December 29th at the children's hospital of Philadelphia. Chase has a couple of heart issues and is currently in the CICU. Doctors are monitoring his heart and will be scheduling his first surgery hopefully soon. If all goes as planned I'm hoping to have him home by the middle of January. Here's a couple of pics, he was born at 8 lbs but is currently at 6.

zehuma6e.jpg

ejedytev.jpg

Congratulations to you and the family! Sorry to hear of the little guys health problems :(

Hoping for the best for you all.

pen

Reactions: USMC80
Looks like he was born with a high and tight hair cut, must be the USMC blood in him. :)

Healthy wishes for the Lil man .

Hahaha. I kinda scrunched the top of his hair up for the pic

Reactions: Warm_in_NH
He is a gorgeous baby. Congratulations and many blessings as he works towards perfect health

Beautiful boy just real sorry to hear about his heart problems. Your family's in my thoughts and best wishes for a successful surgery. I've been through the anxieties of NICU.

Now that he's out 'n about, there's no stoppin' 'im!

Cute baby . . . wishing him and your family the best.

Thanks guys. Just got another echo on his heart and surgery will be scheduled for either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Reactions: pen
Chase & Family - Our thoughts and prayers are with you for a great surgical outcome.

Sweetie, sending you the biggest Dixie & Matisse snuffles ... you are adorable !!

That's a handsome lad there. He has the eyes of an old soul and a fighter. Hope everything goes well with the surgery. I think it will.

Congrats !

Awesome kid He's got a sort of "bring it" look going on. He's letting you know - no stopping him now. Congrats....

Strong looking boy. CHOP is the best. Mom and Dad just have to hang in there.

cute little one. hang tough, they get thru some things amazingly! Good luck. awesome christmas present.

Good lookin boy USMC80.

Our son spent an extended amount of time in the NICU. Not a day passes that that I don't remind myself how lucky we are to have doctors that can work on such small packages. Even just a decade ago things were very different.
Nothing but the best to you and your family!

We have him in our prayers.

look at that lil jarhead's eyes! clenched fist! all kind's of fight in that one!, fine looking young man my friend! don't worry, that kid's a survivor, has to be , his dad survived Marine basic and the apple don't fall far from the tree.

best wishes to the missus, hope she is doing well after giving you the gift of a lifetime. Dee and I will keep your family in our thoughts as you and your son beat this bump in the road.

Congtrats "Dad"

Surgery in a couple of hours. They are hoping to go in thru his ribcage so no bypass necessary. If all goes well with no more dam surprises we could be home by this weekend

Reactions: PapaDave
We were in your shoes about two years ago last month-at 6 weeks old our daughter had the lower right lobe of her lung removed at CHOP to correct a tumor that she had been born with. Know that your son is in the hands of the absolute best children's healthcare providers in the world! Every single doctor, nurse, and administrative person we met with at CHOP was exceptional. My wife had been going there every two weeks since she was 20 weeks along. I see you are also in NJ (we live in Hunterdon)-we thanked God every day that we were fortunate enough to live so close to such a world class facility. You are all in our prayers and I hope you're able to come home soon. A week in the NICU was enough for us...

Just met his surgeon. One of the best. Said the left side of his heart is still a little small but hopes after the surgery it will continue to improve and hopes no additional surgery will be required. He's going in to the OR in about 2 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.