New member of the family

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats! Could not have him at a better hospital. CH in Philly really is the best in the area.
My son spent a couple weeks there back in 95 due to Viral Encephalitis which is really some bad stuff.
They could not do much but monitor him and help him ride it out.
The hospital and staff were great though.

Just the shocking bill that I did not like.
They used my son as a study subject for all the interns, then had the balls to charge us for their interns to learn from his case.
Had handfuls of doctors in trying to figure out what it was, and all of them charges also.
Good luck for your new baby boy, new life is so refreshing.

Hoping and praying that all is well with little Chase. The first night after a major surgery (especially involving the chest area) is a tough one that I remember all too well. Lil' Badfish was in a lot of pain while the nurses worked diligently to keep her comfortable despite the healing wound, chest tube, etc... After they had gotten her on a drip of a fairly powerful pain medication she finally slept which meant we all slept because my wife and I had been up for over 24 hours straight at that point...

Reactions: PapaDave
Congrats!

They used my son as a study subject for all the interns, then had the balls to charge us for their interns to learn from his case.
Had handfuls of doctors in trying to figure out what it was, and all of them charges also.
Good luck for your new baby boy, new life is so refreshing.

Maybe the lesson for one of those doctors will save a life elsewhere....too bad you had to pay for it.

I recall racing into the ER with my very young son late one night, watching the staff drop everything and rally around him. When there's a problem with your kid, the world stops.

I get the sense that a ton of folks here know that all too well, and are anxiously / silently awaiting some good news. Just want to see that little man and his family home resting by the fire.

Yep, our son was air-lifted to the hospital in 2007. I never want to go through that again. Hoping for a swift and strong recovery for Chase.

Happy to be home and holding my son with no wires! Stitches all out on friday. Back to work today

IMAG0174_zpsxnxjwevh.jpg

download_20140116_145538_zpsqo6vejqh.jpg

Happy to be home and holding my son with no wires! Stitches all out on friday. Back to work today.

GREAT NEWS!!! I know how good this feels and I'm very happy for all of you! Thanks for the update.

Reactions: USMC80
Good news.

Congratulations! He's going to be a strong one.

Reactions: USMC80
He's looking fit as a fiddle!!! Yeahhhhhh!!!!

:);)

Awesome.

Super news! Made my day!!

Status
Not open for further replies.