New member - Old wood chopper!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

atog254

Jan 8, 2009
1st State
Greetings from a new member!

Been burning wood for 40 plus years! Current home has 1 fireplace, 1 wood-stove (All Nighter), and 1 Wood Furnace (Riteway Omni I)
The wood furnace is part of the main system with a heat pump using two thermostats. Heat pump kicks in if I allow the the furnace to burn down, or we leave for extend period.

Problem just encountered: My damper motor will not kick in on the wood furnace!

Since Riteway is no longer in business, I will need to find a source for replacement parts. Any known sources???

If this is the wrong forum, please let me know!

Just call me "Stove" vs Steve!

SC - Cntrl DE

Welcome aboard Stove. For those of us geographically challenged, where is the 1st state?

belimo makes all kinds of motors that are low amps and tough (made for opening vents). dont know if you could fab one on or where the first state is.

Dec. 7th, 1787
Delaware was the first state to ratify the Constitution. As both NY and NH, one of the original 13 states!

When I enlisted into the U.S. Navy in 1967 and went to California for basic. I learned it best to state I was either from the 1st State or the Diamond State. Either way, no one knew where Delaware was anyway! Things have changed over the years!

I will have to check out Belimo. I've been using the wood-stove since it has not been that cold yet this year. Stoked up the Riteway and in my opening setup procedures noted that the thermostat was not opening the damper. Have left the ash door open just a crack and keeping an eye on it until it burns out later. Will rely on the wood-stove until I can do a full maintance check up! Just getting a little ahead of my self. Have been using the Riteway since the day the Challenger blew up in 1988, Have only had to replace a few fire bricks over the years and annual chimney cleaning.

Thanks for the quick replys

Stove

I had a riteway model 37 for a long time and these folks had a few parts in stock.

Stove parts plus

I ran mine with the second thermostat hooked up to the damper. Worked great like that for years but my 24 volt transformer gave out and was easy to replace. Good luck

atog254 said:
Dec. 7th, 1787
Delaware was the first state to ratify the Constitution. As both NY and NH, one of the original 13 states!

When I enlisted into the U.S. Navy in 1967 and went to California for basic. I learned it best to state I was either from the 1st State or the Diamond State. Either way, no one knew where Delaware was anyway! Things have changed over the years!

I will have to check out Belimo. I've been using the wood-stove since it has not been that cold yet this year. Stoked up the Riteway and in my opening setup procedures noted that the thermostat was not opening the damper. Have left the ash door open just a crack and keeping an eye on it until it burns out later. Will rely on the wood-stove until I can do a full maintance check up! Just getting a little ahead of my self. Have been using the Riteway since the day the Challenger blew up in 1988, Have only had to replace a few fire bricks over the years and annual chimney cleaning.

Thanks for the quick replys

Stove
im sure theres a temp controller that can run the draft door out there if you can find a plumber with a good brain that can point you in the right direction. good luck stove.

Google the part number of the failed part, assuming you know what it is, and I bet you come up with a source online pretty cheap.

Morning,

Got up your way a few years ago. Loved the skiing at Sunday River! Fresh 10" in late March and no one was on slopes but a very few others! My best day of skiing ever!
My son is heading up that way Next month, but not sure if going into ME or just VT/NH.

Got to get onto the furnace this morning to find out the actual problem. The damper motor is just not operating and after 20 plus years, not surprising. I have a good company that I can call to service the unit. They install everything in 1987 and are always ready to help when needed and will loan me special tools then I have a project and not the tools required.

Thanks for the welcomes,

Stove vs Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.